what happened?

Denali woke up on Saturday morning with a splitting headache and a sick feeling in her stomach. She felt seconds away from crying but she couldn't exactly place why. She rubbed her eyes and stretched, groaning quietly because of her head. She yawned and rolled to her side seeing a sleeping Dahlia beside her. Suddenly, she realized exactly why she felt like crying.

Hazy memories of the night before came flooding back. Arriving at the party, seeing Rosé, drinking, dancing with her friends, seeing Rosé for the second time that night. That hopeful feeling in her chest as she followed Rosé upstairs. Feeling Rosé's lips on hers again. How did their conversation end the way that it did?

Denali remembered the defeated expression on Rosé's face as she walked out for the last time. She remembered drinking her emotions away, or attempting to at least. She also remembered seeing Rosé for the third time that night. A wave of nausea washed over her and she jumped out of bed and rushed to her bathroom. Once she was done throwing up she stayed on her bathroom floor, leaning her head against the tub, which felt cool and was slightly helping her headache.

She let out a dry sob as she thought about what she had walked in on last night. Rosé making out with Mik in front of a room full of people. She shuddered as she pictured Mik sitting on Rosé's lap, Rosé's hands exploring Mik's body. Her thighs, her waist, her hair. That had broken a piece of her. Even though they were no longer friends, Denali never imagined Mik kissing her ex. She thought Mik still had a little bit of respect for her, but apparently she was wrong.

Denali sighed and shifted her head off the side of the tub as she stood up and walked over to the counter. She looked in the mirror and her reflection made her wanna cry harder. She looked like a complete wreck. Her makeup from the night before was smudged all over her face, there was lipstick on her neck and her hair was in knots. She turned on the sink and splashed some cold water on her face to wake her up before digging through her drawers and pulling out a makeup wipe.

After washing her face she sat back down on the ground in front of the toilet, based on her experience with hangovers, she knew she would probably be sick again soon. Sure enough, five minutes later she was leaning over the toilet for the second time that morning.

"Fuck, why did I drink so much?" She complained out loud, massaging her forehead as she spoke. She heard footsteps heading towards the bathroom and realized she had completely forgotten about Dahlia. She closed her eyes and tried to remember what exactly had happened between the two of them last night but to no avail. She had no idea, but when she looked down and saw that she was wearing the same clothes as last night, she figured it meant she hadn't done anything that she would regret with Dahlia.

"Are you ok?" Dahlia asked as she opened the bathroom door. Denali nodded, but couldn't say anything as she had to rush back to the toilet. Dahlia crouched behind her and held her hair back for her, when she finished, Dahlia sat on the floor next to her.

"Remind me never to drink again." Denali joked, "I feel like I've been hit by a bus." Dahlia chuckled softly as Denali closed her eyes again. "This is really embarrassing for me, but I need to ask anyways" Denali stated after a few minutes of silence.

"Yeah sure, what is it?" Dahlia asked. Denali felt herself blushing a little bit as she started speaking.

"You aren't allowed to laugh." She said before continuing, "but what exactly happened last night? No laughing!" She added as Dahlia stifled a laugh.

"What do you remember?"

"I remember seeing Rosé and Mik and then drinking and then nothing."

"Well, after you drank a little bit too much you asked me take you home and when I tried to get Olivia and Kahmora you wouldn't let me." Denali turned red as she listened to Dahlia talk.