Blog Entry Number Thirty-Six

The next day seemed perfect. I woke up, and my dad and I went to Starbucks, where they made me the best "Ariana Grande frappucino". (It's just a cotton candy frappe blended with mocha syrup, mocha chips, and tons of caramel syrup on top of whipped cream.) We also ordered one ham and cheese savory square for each of us, and it tasted amazing. I practically skipped to my locker the next day.

"Candie!" someone yelled. I turned on my wedge heel. Charlotte was standing behind me. "You seem happy today."

I sipped on the frappe. "Yeah." I smiled.

"What happened last night?" she asked.

"Well... he apologized... and something happened." I twirled my hair, as if I was thinking about it.

"What was this 'something'?" She drank her orange juice carton.

"I don't kiss and tell, Char." I pressed my thumb against the locker button.

She coughed. "You and Henry kissed?" Charlotte yelled.

Wrong choice of words. "Shhhh!" I hissed.

"Everyone's gonna know sooner or later!" she exclaimed. Heads turned and looked at us. I turned back around and drank the last drop of frappe and then recycled the cup. Mark Frisken swaggered (is that even a real verb?) over to us.

"Heeeeey, Mitchell," Mark coolly said.

"Uh... hey, Mark?" It sounded more like a question more than a greeting.

"So... do you wanna maybe go out, Saturday night?" he asked, leaning against the locker next to me.

Charlotte and I looked at each other. "Uh... sorry, no thanks." I closed my locker shut.

"Why not?" He stepped towards me.

I took a step back. "Because I don't want to."

He took another step towards me. I took one back, and found myself against the wall. "Why don't you?" His voice sounded deep and threatening.

I looked around. Wow. People turned heads when they heard about Henry and I kissing, but no one heard this?! Shame on them. "Because you need to pop a breath mint in your mouth next time!" I retorted. He pressed his hands against the wall, one on each side of me.

"Oh really?" He put on hand on my thigh and started rubbing it. Jesus Christ, sexually harassed at thirteen. Shame. And I was wearing a skirt without leggings too. Double shame.

"What the heck are you doing?" I grabbed his hand and made sure it was nowhere near me.

"Tell me you like it," he ordered. He put his other hand on my thigh. Now heads were turning. I heard things like, "Isn't she dating Henry Hart?"

"Back off, you perv!" I screeched.

"Say you like it!" Mark growled, his touch getting hurtful.

"NO!" I barked.

"What's going on?" someone behind Mark asked. I arched my neck to see who it was. Henry was standing behind him, one hand on his backpack, and his other fist was clenched.

Mark turned back to me. "Is this why you're saying no? Because you're dating this shrimp?"

"Dude!" Henry pulled Mark's shoulder to make him turn around. "Back off, she's my girlfriend!"

Mark let go off me. Girlfriend?, I thought.

"What are you gonna do about it, dork?" he grunted. My heart started pounding. Mark was about three inches taller than Henry, and maybe weighed thirty pounds more.