Blog Entry Number Twelve

"Congrats, Candie," Charlotte said, walking up to me. "You are officially a sidekick."

We heard beeping, and a red siren flickered on and off.

"Uh-oh!" Ray exclaimed, running over to the silver counter with tons of screens that were in front of it. "What's up, Gooch?" he asked the foreign man who I saw in the store hours ago.

"There is a robbery taking place at 'Swellview Stones', that jewelry store," Gooch replied.

"On it," Ray said. Then he turned to me and Henry. "Let's go."

"Wait.... how?" I asked. "How will we get up to the surface?"

"These tubes," Henry answered.

"But there are only two," I said. Ray and Henry looked at each other. Ray walked up to the tubes.

"You'll have to go up with Henry, then." Ray pressed his belt buckle. I felt my eyes widen. I followed Henry to the other tube, and he put one of his arms around my waist. Then he pressed his own belt buckle.

"You better hold on, Candie," he stated, his brown eyes glancing at me.

"Okay..." I mutter as I put my arms around his shoulders. "Wait... 'hold on'?"

"Up the tube!" he yelled, and we were shooting up towards the sky 100 miles an hour.

"AAAGHHHHHHHHH!" I screamed, holding on so tight, that my cheek was pressed against his shoulder. The whooshing stopped, yet I was still clinging onto Henry.

"Um... Candie. We're out of the tube now," Ray said.

"Still... in... shock," I whispered.

"Well, at least it's more fun than the Fireball," Henry joked.

"No it's not." I let go of his shoulders.

"You'll get used to it." He took his arm off of my waist, but I longed for him to keep it on.

***

We walked into "Swellview Stones", where a man with a ski mask was yelling at the man behind the counter. The customers were hiding in the corner, hugging their knees tightly in fear.

"Give me that necklace!" the masked man bellowed.

"N-n-no, sir!" the man shakily stammered, he saw us, and happily said, "Captain Man! Kid Danger!" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Just here to help, sir," I stated, seeing his facial expression that seemed to say, "Who's that chick?

"Ski mask!" Captain Man yelled. "I hope you'll pay for that necklace!"

"Oh yeah?" the man retorted. "Or what? You'll send one of your munchkins after me?"

"Does this answer your question?" I ran to the man and tackled him, almost knocking down a shelf. He stood up, with me still on his back.

"Oh my God!" Henry shouted. "What are you doing?! Do you want to die?"

"Well, Kid Danger," I replied. "I'd rather die than let this chump take that sack of gems."

Captain Man literally leapt into action, taking out his laser gun and trying to stun the robber.

"Stop moving him around!" Ray scolded.

"I can't! Kid Danger, a little help here?" I asked. Henry fumbled in his tool belt for something. He managed to get his own gun out and finally sent the man to sleep. I pushed myself off of the ground, and walked up to Henry.

"Nice aim," I said.

"Thanks. Nice strength," he responded.

"Thank you." I grinned at him. A news reporter tapped me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me?" she interrupted. "Who are you?"

"Captain Man's new sidekick, I guess," I answered.

"And what is your name?"

I hadn't thought about it. I wanted something suitable, that would fit it in with Captain Man and Kid Danger. "Well, of course I'm not gonna tell you my realname, but... call me 'Tween Wonder'."

*A/N: Sorryforthe short chapterguys! Iwas thinking ofmakingthischapterlonger, butIrealizeditwouldbebetterifendedwithCandiesaying hernew sidekick name.

SoIguessI'llseeyouallinthenextchapter!*