Blog Entry Number Forty-Four

*A/N: Second to last chapter. (cries)

And it's a l-o-o-o-n-g one, just warning you.*

(A week later)

I put my head down on the silver circular table, making a "clang" sound and causing my balled up wasabi to roll off of my plate. "Face it guys," I mumble with my face pressed onto the table. "We're never gonna find Henry."

Charlotte groans. "Candie, stay positive. We're gonna find him." She reaches for my hand and gives it a comforting squeeze.

I pick my head up, let go of her hand, and rest my head on my palm. I twirl my yakisoba around with my fork, not actually eating it. Meanwhile, Schwoz is flipping through the channels and Charlotte is teaching Ray how to pick up his sushi with chopsticks. I stare my two pieces of crabstick sushi. I suddenly remember that it was the food that I ate the day that I actually talked to Charlotte, Jasper, and Henry. I smile sadly, then glance at my phone, feeling its vibration.

Dad: hey, sweetie. r u done?

I look down and send a text back.

Candie: almost.

Dad: i'll pick you up. be there in a few minutes.

Candie: k

I press the home button and stare at my homescreen. Still the same as always, the selfie of Henry and me at the fair, holding Flossie to my chest. I hug my phone tightly, as if the picture was really him. I feel tears rolling down my cheeks, the thirty-fifth time this week. (Not that I'm counting or anything.)

Ray pats me on the back. "It's okay, Candie. We're going to find him. I promise."

"Trust us, Candie. We will." Charlotte looks at me sympathetically. I blow my nose on my napkin and wipe my eyes with the back of my hand.

"I don't care where he is," I sob. "I just want to see him breathing."

Charlotte, Ray, and Schwoz engulf me in a huge hug. I smile.

"You guys are the best," I say. Honestly, at this moment, at the bottom of my heart, I secretly wish that Henry would barge in and yell, "I'm okay!"

But he doesn't.

It's just a group hug, that's missing a huge piece, like an unfinished puzzle. They let go, and I smile greatly.

"That made me feel better," I state. I start eating my sushi, and manage to keep it down.

***

(Three days later...)

I'm starting to lose hope.

It's been almost two weeks since Henry's disappearance, and we haven't gotten any clues. Ray and I have interrogated every criminal in town (with him dressed as Captain Man, of course), yet still nothing. I start to think that he might be dead.

But whenever I think that, I slap my wrist and whisper, "Pull yourself together, Candie. He's alive and breathing." I sigh and raise my hand.

"Yes, Miss Mitchell?" Miss Shapen asks, with an eyebrow raised.

"Can I... can I use the bathroom?" I stammer, feeling a little bit surprised that Miss Shapen answered me.

She gives me a long stare. "When you answer this question."

I stifle a groan, because I really have to go pee, but I roll my eyes.

"What was the color of George Washington's white horse?"