Blog Entry Number Thirty-Nine

I felt a pair of eyes glare at me, burning against my skin. Then another, and another, and another, until it was like seven thousand lasers were singeing into me. I turned around, and noticed that the whole eighth grade was staring at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Get her," someone said.

"Get her!" another echoed.

"Take her down!" a person shouted. I started running, and they chased after me. I tripped over a rock and fell down. The kids hovered over me. I started crying as they grabbed me.

And I find it hard to move.

***

I shot up and felt my forehead. It was warm and sweaty. I adjusted the strap of my tank top and pulled up my shorts. I looked out my window and pressed a few numbers on my phone. Henry was probably asleep, but it never hurt to try.

"Hello?" he answered groggily.

"Hey... uh, Henry," I stuttered. "It's Candie."

"Candie..." he groaned. "It's... three in the morning. We just stopped a guy from robbing a Godiva store at the mall, and then we had to clean the mess up. What is it?"

"I... I had a bad dream... again. It's been happening a lot. Can you... help me?"

He sighed. "Fine. Give me a few minutes."

"Okay, bye." I hung up and waited for a tap on my window. I sat down in my bed, closing my eyes, but not sleeping because I couldn't. The images of the dream replayed over and over again, like a broken record.

"Hey!" a muffled voice shouted. I turned my head and saw Henry, tapping on the window. I opened it and helped him in. He sat down at the windowpane. "Candie, what is it? This is the third time this week you've called me because of this." He put his hands behind his back.

"I-I-I-I had that dream again..." I stammered. "It's been happening every single day this week, and... I don't know what it means." I sat down next to him.

"Calm down, Candie. It's just a dream," he whispered. I nuzzled my head onto his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around his waist and rested his head on mine.

"Thanks, Henry," I sighed.

"Why?" he asked.

"You came here in the middle of the night just to comfort me." I took my head off of his shoulder to look at him.

He smiled. "That's what boyfriends are for, right?" He kissed me on the cheek, and I giggled.

"Well... I guess it's late now. You better go." I imagined what my dad would do if he found out that Henry was in my room in the middle of the night. He turned around to leave, but then he came back in.

"Do you have your bear?" he quizzed. I nodded and took the pink teddy bear off of my bed. I gave it to him.

"'Hi, I'm Flossie!'" Henry, or should I say, "Flossie", squeaked. "'I'm Henry's gift to you a few months ago, remember?'"

I laughed. "Yes, Flossie. I do remember. It was sweet of him to win you for me."

"'Well, he's such a sweetie. A gentleman, and not to mention very good-looking!'"

"Hey!" I put my hand up jokingly. "He's mine!" I laughed.

"'Oh...'" Henry made Flossie wilt. "'Oh well. But if you're ever having a bad dream, then just hug me and pretend it's him!'" He thrust Flossie at me.

"Thank you, Flossie." I hugged it tightly.

Henry smiled at me. "I better go now. It's four a.m."