Blog Entry Number Fifteen

At precisely 2:48 p.m., on October 24th, 2014, rehearsals for the play "Hairspray" began. Henry, Charlotte and I sat down at the table where everyone was sitting at. Mrs. Velasquez gave us our scripts.

"Okay, everyone, we'll be doing something called a table read. It's where we read our scripts without going on stage, but we're still... acting," Mrs. Velasquez explained.

It was harder than it sounded. I mean, reading the lines was easy, but... trying not to laugh was difficult.

"'I'm a bad, bad girl that needs to be punished'!" I practically screamed. I felt my face turn red and I just started crying and laughing at the same time. The entire cast started laughing, and I put my head up just in time to see Mrs. Velasquez try so hard not to laugh along with us.

"Okay, okay. Stay professional, everyone!" she chuckled.

***

"So... Candie... are you, by any chance, going trick-or-treating on Halloween?" Henry asked nervously.

"I don't know yet," I replied.

"Well... you can come with me, Charlotte, Jasper, and Monica," he said. Then he turned bright red. "You don't have to if you don't want to! It won't hurt my feelings. At all."

"No, no. I wanna come. I haven't gone trick-or-treating in years." I smiled at him, and he smiled back. I felt myself get goosebumps, and I shivered.

"You okay?" he questioned.

"Yeah... just cold. I should've brought my sweatshirt," I answered. Henry paused, took off his backpack, and his Vans jacket. He put it around me. I blushed pink, and suddenly felt warm. "Thanks," I said.

"No problem." He put his backpack on. It became silent, like that day of the audition and...

I'm not gonna mention it anymore.

"Hey... you're a girl, right?" he quizzed.

I looked at him. "Last time I checked, yeah. Want me to check again?"

"No!" he chuckled. "So... I have a girl problem."

"Aww! Wittle Henry has a crushy-wushy!" I teased, making kissy noises.

"Bruh. Stop," he scolded. I smiled.

"Sorry. Anyway... what's the problem?"

"Well... there's this girl who's really close to me... even though we just met. She's..." He paused.

"You can't describe her, can you?"

"She's perfect. She's beautiful, talented, funny, sweet, and kind. Wherever she goes, the birds sing, the flowers bloom, and the sun shines on her."

"So... she's a goddess from a myth?" I joked.

"Oh, haha. Well... how do I tell her how I feel?"

"Go for it! Stop giving her hints. Just be straightforward!"

"Okay. Candie, I--" He was interrupted by someone yelling our names.

"Candie! Henry!" Charlotte shouted. She came running after us. Henry groaned.

"Why'd you ditch me back there?" she questioned.

"Sorry, Char-latte," I said.

"'Char-latte'?" she echoed.

"My new nickname for you!" I laughed.

*Henry's POV*

"Thanks for walking me home, guys," Candie said.

"No problem, Candie," Charlotte stated. Candie reached for the door, then stopped.

"Oh! I just realized that I'm still wearing your jacket!" She started to unzip it.

"No, no. It's okay," I responded. "Keep it." I thought I saw her blush.

"Oh. Okay, thanks." She opened the door and went inside. I walked towards my house.

"Hey! Henry!" Charlotte shouted.

"Don't talk to me," I grumbled.

"What, why?" she questioned. "Did you get rejected?"

"Oh, how should I know?" I retorted. "I didn't get to tell her because you. FREAKING. INTERRUPTED. ME."

"How?"

"YOU YELLED OUR FREAKING NAMES WHEN I WAS GONNA TELL HER!!!!!!!!" I grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her.

"Hey, hey, Henry. Calm down. Did you at least invite her to go trick-or-treating with us?" she quizzed.

"Yeah, luckily. She said yes."

"WHOO! Henry, you man-beast!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know I'm awesome."

*Candie's POV*

I biked to Famous Dave's in my pink Hello Kitty pajamas. I quickly ran into Mr. Barlow's headquarters and sat down. He ordered me to tell him about Captain Man's secret headquarters. I did, secretly reluctant.

I was breaking the oath.

I promised Ray and Henry that I'd never (ever, ever) tell anyone about me being one of their sidekicks. If they found out about this, they'd hate me, and I'd never have a chance with Henry.

But like I'd said before: vows are broken everyday.

"So, meet me here on the 31st at 9 p.m., okay?" he asked.

"For what?"

"To rob Jewels N' Gems, stupid!"

I opened my mouth to say I was in, but then realized: the 31st was Halloween, and I was supposed to go trick-or-treating that day.

"No! We can't!" I said.

Mr. Barlow glared at me. "And why not?"

"Uh... because...It's Halloween!" I stammered.

"So?"

I kept thinking. "Um... t-there will be people... out trick-or-treating! They might see us!"

Mr. Barlow furrowed his eyebrows, yet agreeingly nodded. "It's nice to see you using your brain for once, Candie. We can't go on Halloween. But meet me the next day at 8."

"Okay." I walked out of the room and went back to my house.

*instagram: haileyfromswellview*