Blog Entry Number Forty-One

*A/N: This story will now be taking place in present time.

Oh, and to Laura: feel free to make a Clearblue reference.*

I wake up to the sound of metal cup's clanging onto iron bars. I'm dressed in all orange, and not even lying down on an actual bed. At first, I'm thinking, "What the heck am I doing here?"

But then I realize:

No one likes me anymore because they know I'm "The Camouflaged Candy". Mr. Barlow ruined my whole entire life hours ago after telling everyone that I was his sidekick. I close my eyes and lay down on the bench again, but I can't go back to sleep because a flashback keeps replaying in my mind.

*Flashback*

"Henry!" I yelled, running after him. Henry turned around to look at me, then with a look of disappointment, kept walking in the other direction. "Henry, please, talk to me!" I put my hand on his shoulder.

He quickly shook it off. "Don't touch me!" he growled. I saw an expression of pain flash across his face as he turned to look at me. "You used me to try to hurt me!"

"No I didn't! Can you just hear me out? Please?" I asked. He stormed off, not giving me an answer. "Henry, I never used you! I love you!"

He stopped and look like he was about to tell me something, but rushed off.

***

(January 11th, 2015)

I'm finally released from juvie and is, quote, "ready to join society".

Yeah, I don't think so.

Everyone's going to hate me. I look at my calendar from my bed, which feels soft and squishy compared to the cold, metal prison bed. My calendar has a huge heart around it. I squint. It reads, "Henry's 14th birthday". I smile sadly, thinking if I should give him my present. But I decide against it, knowing that he's not even going to look at me in the hallways.

I put my jean jacket on and take my backpack, ready for the silent car ride to school with my father.

***

I walk into the school with my purse slung over my shoulder. Some of the students look up, wondering who has just arrived, but then scowl when they figure out it's me. They turn around and pretend that I'm not here.

Like they did during the first thirteen years of my life.

I walk up to my locker, trying not to make any noise in my canvas flats, even though I can hear whispers and everyone looking at me. I try to open it without gaining any attention, but it's obvious that I fail since all eyes are on me.

"Wasn't she expelled?"

"Wow, tough girl. She really has the nerve to come back."

"I can't believe she snuck out of jail just to go back here."

"We have to stay away from her. She might have a few tricks up her sleeve."

I frown when I hear that last comment. Stay away from me? I slam my locker door harder than I need to, and walk to Miss Shapen's classroom. I catch everyone's attention again, including Henry's. He glares at me, and I know what he's thinking, I know it's my birthday, but don't even think about saying anything to me. I gulp and sit down in my seat next to him.

"Happy birthday," I mumble. He looks at me, then looks away. He says something under his breath, then talks to Jasper and Monica.

If there's ever a time where that I wanted to be invisible in my life, it would be right now, because anything would be better than being glared at by every single kid in your class.