Blog Entry Number Ten

Was Henry about to kiss me?

All these thoughts ran through my head. I started feeling all these types of emotions, giddy with delight at the thought of it, then mad at my father for interrupting my first kiss, after that, confused. Confused, confused, confused. I was still in shock of what happened. What was I supposed to do?

But then I realized that only one person can tell me what my emotions really meant.

"Hello?" Bella asked when she answered the phone.

"Hey, Bells," I greeted.

"Oh! Hey, little sis!" she chirped. "What's new?"

"I have a guy problem," I replied.

"Awesome. I'll be right there," she said, and hung up. I stared at my phone, then lay back down on my bed. The whole "almost-kiss" scene flashed through my mind. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths

"In, out. In, out," I whispered.

"Candie?" I heard my dad say through the door.

"Confused. Please go away," I answered.

"But Bella's here to see you!" my dad said.

"Okay, please let her in," I said. My older sister walked into the room with a big shopping bag. "What's in there?" I asked her.

"Girl Scout Thin Mints, Girl Scout Tagalongs, Oreos, chick flicks like 'The Fault In Our Stars', 'Clueless', and 'She's the Man'," she responded.

"Um... why?" I questioned.

"You said you have a guy problem," she answered.

"Not that type of 'guy problem'," I half-shouted. "But I will eat those cookies."

"Well," she said, sitting down on my bed. "What is the guy problem?"

I told her all about the audition, the mall, Henry and his friends dropping me off at my house, then Henry leaning in to kiss me, but then dad accidentally interrupts the kind-of-romantic moment.

"Oooh! Go Candie! You've finally come out of your shy shell!" Bella jumped around my room.

"Dude... just an innocent, almost, first kiss." I felt myself blush.

"But he likes you! And I mean likes likes you!" she sang.

"Oh my God, Bella..." I mumbled, laying down on the bed.

"When are you gonna tell him the news?" she asked.

"Not yet, jeez!" I yelled.

"Well, you better tell him now, or else another girl will claim him," she teased. "In the meantime, let's eat all of these cookies!"

We ended up watching "The Fault In Our Stars", which had Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort from "Divergent", except they were playing two cancer kids who were in love, not siblings.

Ninety minutes into the one hundred, twenty-six minute movie, I got a text from someone.

"Who is it from?" Bella questioned. She tried to lean in to see my phone, but I jerked it away.

Mr. Barlow: Back early from vacation. Famous Dave's NOW!!!

"Oh... my boss. I gotta go," I said, taking my bag and my jacket.

To be honest, I was kind of scared. I hadn't gotten on my bike or went to Famous Dave's since I that day I met Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper.

I ran down the same way I did about a week ago.