ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs || ᴢʜᴏɴɢʟɪ

Note: This takes place during your rest time. So you two aren't sleeping beside each other, just you laying down, and Zhongli sitting somewhere near the bed.

"Are you asleep?" Zhongli turned to his side, your back facing him. Making him assume you're asleep as you didn't respond.

In truth, you were merely listening on him. You weren't that sleepy yet, but rather, wanted to rest a bit.

"In truth, I admire your hard work each day. Only taking quick breaks and never really taking the time to rest fully, it must be tiring." You unconciously formed a smile hearing his words.

"Even in hard times, where most things seemed entirely impossible to achieve, you never gave in and kept trying. Success, was always fond of you."

Zhongli paused for a moment, letting out a sigh before continuing. "I cannot express fully how I feel of you directly. Only when you lay dormant can I say these words."

His deep voice sent shivers down your spine, making you shift on your spot, turning to face him. Zhongli jumped a little in surprise.

"Aah... did I wake you? My apologies..." You gave a smile, sitting up and saying it's fine.

"Is that so? Hmm..." Zhongli pondered for a moment, allowing himself to drown in his thoughts.

"Zhongli."

"Eh– Huh?"

"Thanks for the compliments~"

"Y-You were awake the whole time?!"

You nodded, "Mhm." Zhongli looked away, seemingly flustered.

"Are you flustered, sir?"

"No– I– uh..."

"Hehe~"

Teasing aside, you two started the day with some tea. Afterwards, your day to day routine begins. Throughout the day, Zhongli would glance at you from time to time, watching you do your duties.

"Someone caught your interest, Zhongli-sensei?" Zhongli turned to his smirking fatui companion.

"...Perhaps."

"Hai~ I won't pry if you won't tell."

=========================

I wonder if your relationship will take a step UP or step DOWN.

Again, another short update :p