𝑾𝒊𝒏𝒅 & 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆 // 𝑽𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊

[God of Time!Reader]

======================

Another quiet and peaceful evening in Mondstadt. The cold breeze and twibkling stars shining in the night sky were a beautiful sight to see. The young bard of Mond sat atop the hands of his statue, humming tunes of old and tragic stories of the past. Many years have passed since he hovered around Mondstadt as the anemo archon, Barbatos. Flicking one of his lyre's thin strings, he heaves a sigh.

For a moment, he thought he heard a sound of a bell's jingle though he quickly dismissed it. Only when he felt arms wrapped around his stomach and a tired head laid on his shoulder did he realize he wasn't alone.

"Hello Barbatos." The voice was muffled as they buried their face against the bard's shoulder.

"It's 'Venti',_____."

"Mm, you're a bit agitated. Something wrong?" You lifted your head, placing a gentle peck on the archon's cheek. "You can tell me."

"Even if I tell you, you would easily forget it."

"But if it's you, I don't mind remembering it." You gently held his hand, trying to soothe the bard's anxiousness.

"I.."

"Go on."

"I'm.. sorry." Venti lowered his head. "No matter how much I try to forget.. I only keep remembering. I want to move on but it's hard."

"Mhm." You gently lifted your head off his shoulder and let him spill his woes as you held him in your arms with care.

Venti's cries weren't too loud, they were actually soft, too soft. You would caress his hair to soothe him and to let him know you're still here, listening.

In your case, you cared little about what goes on in the mortal realm, preferring some peace and quiet to rest and fall into a slumber. The mortals never really brought a lot of interest to you so you decided to seclude yourself in a plane of your own. The Garden of Memories.

You were an independent god. Celestia does own you nor do you own them. You were a seperate entity from the land of the divine. Well, not like you were divine to begin with.

"I'm okay now,______."

"Are you sure? We can stay like this for a little longer if you want."

"N-No no, it's alright. I'm good." Venti gently pulled away from your hold, a bit embarrassed with himself.

"If you say so." Venti sweatdropped at your response.

"You can at least show a bit of emotion in your words.." Venti mumbled, pouting slightly as he puffed his cheeks.

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing!"

Venti turned away, laughing awkwardly as you gave him a raised brow.

"You don't have to forget the past, you know."

"Eh..?" Venti turned to you, slightly taken aback.

"Moving on doesn't necessarily mean you have to forget what happened. You just need to learn to accept it."

"Accept?!–"

"You lack acceptance, Barbs. By accepting the outcome, your worries will decrease and the burden will be less painful than it already is."

"I–"

You placed a hand on his head. "It wasn't your fault. Life is just naturally cruel and we have to deal with it."

The atmosphere dropped and only silence remained. The wind was slowly picking up as the sun slowly rises from a distance.

"That's my cue to leave then. I'll be going now."

"Hey, wait!"

In a single blink, you disappeared without a trace. His cape and braids flowing with the wind as the sun begins to show itself and it's bright light shining towards the city of freedom. Venti watched as the sun rises, a smile forming on his face.

"..maybe you're right. Maybe it is time that I learn to move on and look forward to tomorrow."

======================

You're not emotionless, you just don't care as much when it comes to expressing feelings. Kinda like this dynamic. The hyper musical guy with his lazy partner.