𝑈𝑛𝑑𝑜 // 𝐴𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟

The sound of a door creaked open. A figure with blonde hair, tied into a braid entered. He silently closed the door, waving goodnight to his flying companion and headed upstairs. He plopped himself on the soft bedsheets, cuddling one of his pillows, sinking underneath the sheets.  tired yawn escaped his lips.

I'm tired...

He shifted into a more comfortable position. A sharp exhale he did, not satisfied with his sleeping position.

The bed feels cold...

He pulled the blanket closer, almost covering his entire body. Hoping it would reduce the coldness of the bedsheets, it remained cold.

I miss her...

Aether, feeling loneliness for so long, the warmth of his sister was long gone. Memories of each other were beginning to wane, hazy and blurry until they fade to nothing more. Paimon was good company, but even she can't give him the warmth that Lumine did.

"So we'll meet again, but we need not rush brother. I have more than enough time to wait for you."

Aether could feel warm droplets from his eyes, trickling down his cheeks. He wanted to cry loudly, scream.... But all came out were quiet sobs, built up pain he had locked deep in his heart, now cracked open.

Oh, if Paimon were to see him like this.... no, he couldn't allow himself to be seen in such a state. Luckily, Paimon sleeps in the other room, slightly further away from his. Only in the night can he let out his tears. Because the night... only shines when others aren't looking.

Please...

Undo my sadness...

Undo my pain...

The next day went on... unexpectedly. Paimon woke up to an uninvited visitor entering the household. To her surprise, it was just _______.

"_____? What are you doing here?—" You placed a finger on your lips, signaling her to shush as you gestured to the blonde laying asleep on your shoulder. Paimon covered her mouth in surprise, before scratching her head in embarrassment.

"Sorry...." You simply nodded, gently carressing the traveler's soft hair. Soft snores can be heard as you giggled softly. Paimon whispered to you, asking what happened before she awoke.

"I felt an unsettling feeling so I decided to visit you two. I found him just coming downstairs when I entered. He almost collapsed onto the floor had I not caught him in time." You whispered in return. Paimon frowns.

"Seems like he didn't get enough sleep last night, otherwise, he wouldn't have collapsed first thing in the morning."

"Paimon didn't hear anything last night though. Paimon slept peacefully fine..."

You felt movement on your shoulder. Turning to look, Aether slowly lifted his head off your shoulder, yawning softly.

"Mm... ____..?"

"Morning, sleep well?" Aether looked away, slightly embarrassed as he realized the situation.

"Y-Yes..."

"Good, good." You smiled. "Want me to prepare breakfast for you?"

"No it's—"

"I insist." You gently ruffled his hair before standing up and headed for the kitchen.

"Hey! What about Paimon??"

"Come help me then. Aether's been nothing but a spoonfeeder to you."

"I.... fine."

Aether chuckled, watching as the pixie floated to the kitchen, leaving him to his thoughts.

Wait... I never invited them so how did....

His eyes widened, remembering his meltdown last night. Perhaps.... sigh, he shook his head. He'll ask them later. For now, he's gonna try having a day without work. Hopefully....

===========================================

Aether, my boy, I luv you sm. Also, hi. I'm piled up with so much schoolworks, I just wanna rest in peace :'D. Also, I'M PULLING FOR MY GURL KOKOMI!! GOODLUCK TO YA'LL KOKOMI PULLERS! As for those who are skipping her, okay 😶.