ᴅɪʟᴜᴄ || ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ sɪᴅᴇ

[Silent Protagonist Reader]

......

"Shouldn't you be in your teapot? I told you I'd be there later, didn't I?"

Diluc raised a brow. He placed down the glass he was cleaning as you took a seat on one of the stools placed around the bar counter. It was one of those days where the tavern was full of many traveling merchants who happen to pass by the city of wind. Whether it be to buy goods from the nation of freedom or sinply sell wares of their own. However, as usual, when a merchant finds a tavern, they'd spend the entire day drinking or trying the well-known wine of Mondstadt before getting too wasted to even return to their duties.

It was one of those days where Diluc would be in charge of the position of bartender, as according to his schedule. Despite his dislike on alcoholic beverages, serving wine has been a family business. It's basically his livelihood so he doesn't really have a choice.

"I though you hated the scent of alcohol?"

'What makes you think I came here for the alcohol, you dense, red-headed, mf‐'

You gave him a deadpan look. Whenever you find yourself in these types of situations, it makes you wonder why you actually fell for the dude in the first place.

Cuz he's hot?

Maybe.

Rich and is basically your sugar daddy?

Probably, yeah. Traveling requires you to have a decent amount of mora but for some reason, you always find yourself lacking in said amount of funds.

"Did you miss me that much that you had to leave the teapot and actually sit here, waiting for my shift to end?"

Well, being in the teapot with no one but Tubby to talk to can get really boring. And you mostly just spend your time cleaning the teapot by rearranging stuff or adding furnishings around the rooms.

You nodded your head in response to the redhead's question. If anything, you'd wanna spend time with him more rather than having to watch him to his duties as a bartender. Like a simple cuddle session with a span of 10 minutes or even 5 minutes would have sufficed.

Diluc sighed, running s hand through his fluffy red hair. "You're very impatient. But I do enjoy your company. It gets annoying having to serve good-for-nothing visitors, acting so free when trouble could come here at any time. But I guess that's just the charm of the city of freedom, isn't it?"

You nodded. It ain't the city of freedom for nothing. Mondstadt does live up to it's title, with how many laid-back locals it has. Aside from the knights, of course.

"I'm glad you're by my side,_____. Company with someone I'm comfortable with... it's nostalgic."

For a moment, you could see a smile on his face. If you had brought your kamera with you, you would treasure the photo dearly. It's a one-time thing, after all.

With each passing hour, the bar has slowly gone silent. It was now closing time. Diluc double-checked the tavern for any uncleaned tables or disorganized glasses before leaving.

"You know you didn't have to stick around."

You shook your head. Intertwining your hand with his gloved ones, assuring him that you don't mind. Diluc sighed in relief.

"I'm glad."

....

"If you ever see that green bard. Tell him he has a long bill to pay with all the wine he's drank."

And the next day, you found yourself a certain god of wind, begging for your protection as he hides from a certain redheaded bartender.

Yup, just another normal day.

=========================================

I've always wanted to try silent protagonist reader, to kinda relate how traveler rarely speaks and just makes expressions or gestures. Probably sucks since it's a first for me. Writer's block really sucks so I'm sorry if I haven't updated for a while.