𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑇𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑒 // 𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑙𝑑𝑒 & 𝑍ℎ𝑜𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑖 (2)

Question of the chapter: Who do you love more? 🙃

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sat across the dark haired male as he poured the newly brewed tea. For some reason, he seemed bothered by something. Asking him about it might make him uncomfortable so you scratched the idea. Both of you enjoyed your relaxing morning tea, some chatter here and there. Mostly about Liyue's history. Although you weren't fond of stories of the past, you didn't wanna seem rude in front the man who made it's history a reality. You would nod, signaling that you were paying attention to him.

"Zhongli."

"Ah, yes?" He stopped speaking, turning to you as you circled your spoon inside the cup of tea.

Instictively, you brought your free hand on the side of his face, carressing his cheek with your thumb. The retired archon was suprised at the sudden action but did not mind. Zhongli could feel his cheeks heating up, seeing you smile softly at him. His eyes darted around the room, avoiding eye contact with you in an attempt to calm himself of this predicament he had gotten himself into.

"You have pretty eyes, Zhongli. They show dominance and control. Fitting for the geo archon." You commented, his heart fluttering at your words.

"T-Thank you,_____."

"But you know..." You stood from your seat, moving your hand from his cheek to his chin, making him look at you as you inched closer to his face.

"____— I—" Zhongli's face flushed in red, the closeness of your faces was giving him a fever.

"Ssh." You shushed. "Relax and enjoy."

You closed the gap between you two, sealing your lips against his. You placed your right hand on the back of his head and the other on his waist for support. The geo archon returned the kiss, his mind drifting in an unending loop of blissfulness. You two continued for about a minute or so before pulling away and gasping for air.

You retreated from your position and stood properly, fixing any messy parts of your clothing. Zhongli stared at you, eyes brimming with unsatisfaction as he yearned for more than just a heated make out session.

"Why did you stop?" Zhongli asked, his tone rather annoyed as you chuckled.

"Hmm, I just remembered I had plans for the afternoon. Duty calls, I suppose." Zhongli frowned, standing up and followed you outside.

"I can accompany you. I have no plans at the moment." Zhongli tried insisting as you shook your head.

"Thank you for the offer but it's alright. Ajax will be accompanying me as per usual business." The very mention of the ginger head caused Zhongli to frown on the inside.

"I.... see."

Zhongli removed his grasp from your scarf, sighing as he watches you leave for business. On the inside, he wanted to follow you, regardless of whether he was invited or not. Perhaps he knew deep down, you left the session at that just so he would come begging for more when you return. Zhongli doesn't beg. He never does.... It would hurt his pride all too much. Once a mighty archon, whose power was unmatched back in his archon days. He would always be the dominant one. But to you, he felt weak, vulnerable and submissive. The feeling was foreign to him and yet he enjoyed the small moment with you.

Maybe once you return can he see if he can dominate you his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here, the flowers you asked for, Mr. Childe." Bolai said, handing the harbinger the neatly made bouquet of flowers.

"Thanks. They are all lovely."