𝑷𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒓 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 // 𝑪𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒆

"I love you, ginger-head."

"Mhm, love you too."

Lumine had a 'bruh' face the entire time the more she stuck around. You three were having dinner at Third Round Knockout and you happily invited the traveler for a meal as a form of thanks for all she's done.

However... it feels more like she's in the way of something or at the right place in the wrong time.

Of course, being the humble traveler she is, didn't say anything. She felt it would be rude to decline an offer like that. And she could use the break from all the traveling.

Where was Paimon, you ask? She's fell asleep midway of their journey and is sleeping inside the traveler's adeptal teapot.

But it started off as a shock to the traveler when she found out about the harbinger's relationship with you. I mean, you don't just expect someone like Childe, who'se strength is par to her's and of higher status than the average person, being head over heels with an outlander with not much fighting experience compared to her. Not that she was judging or anything, she just assumed Childe wouldn't be interested in being in a relationship just because of his natural destructive nature. How you two met will forever be a mystery in her mind. Neither one wanted to elaborate, saying it's not that big of a deal and would bore her easily.

But if there's one thing she does know, you two are complete opposites. You were kind, too kind actually. Even when you hold anger towards someone, you couldn't bring yourself to shout at them, whereas Childe would do the opposite and probably be more personal about it.

"Where is Mr. Zhongli?" Lumine asked, her brow raised.

"On business."

Typical Zhongli

"I see."

=====================

Lumine watched as you slowly climbed the wooden ladder to pick out the sunsettias. "So, how's life with him?"

You shrugged, placing the newly picked sunsettias on your small basket.

If you were being completely honest, you didn't know the answer to her question. Should you say 'it's good' because he's reliable when it comes to funding and can handle himself just fine? Or say 'it's bad' because you have to put up with the bad reputation he has, given he's part of the fatui, one of the harbingers at that and his constant thirst for a fight? Not that it bothers you.

"It's... tolerable." That was simplest answer you can give. Luckily for you, the traveler seems satisfied with the answer, assuming she knew that if she pressured the topic even more, you'd grow uncomfortable.

You got down from the ladder and headed to the next tree to pick the sunsettias. Lumine took a look around. You weren't living inside the harbor, per say, but you lived near it's vacinity. You weren't rich nor were you poor and have a pretty stable lifestyle. But one thing she did notice was you live alone. The house only seemed capable of housing 5 people at most yet neither of your family members were around.

"You live alone?"

"Technically, no, since Tartar lives with me." Lumine giggled at the nickname. "But I'm an only child and my parents passed away a few years ago due to their old age..."

"I'm sorry for asking.."

You shook your head and turned to her with a smile. "I've gotten over it. If I'm gonna live in this world, I need to learn to move on and prepare for what's to come."

Lumine admired your positivity. Wish she could do the same for herself..

"You two seem to get along just fine!" An arm snaked it's way around the blondie's neck, a familiar chuckle from her side as Lumine sighs.

"Get your filthy arm off me, you two-faced freak."

"Come on now, girlie. You can at least be civil to me when around ______."

"You're one to talk about civility."

"Childe.." Zhongli shook his head disapprovingly before grabbing the harbinger from the collar and pulling him off the poor girl.

Lumine thanked the geo archon as the latter nodded in response. Childe rolled his eyes before making his way towards you.

"Let me get that for you, dearest _______." With a stretched out arm and a jump, Childe picked out the last hanging sunsettia before placing it on your basket.

"Thanks." You smiled as he assisted you in going down the wooden ladder. "You're free right now?"

"Mr. Zhongli and I just finished doing business with a rather troublesome client and thought you'd like to see us go head to head in a battle."

"Why did you agree to that?" Lumine turned to Zhongli with 'bruh why' expression.

"Just fulfilling my end of the contract."

You raised a brow and turned to Childe.

"I told him that if I pay for his expenses of the day, he'd battle me."

Why am I not surprised?

"______! What's taking you so long? Paimon is starving!" The small pixie yelled from the house's window. An impatient look on her face.

"Coming, Paimon!" You grabbed ahold of the harbinger's arm and pulled him inside.

"Wha— ____, slow down!"

"You're cooking, I'm gonna go enjoy my rest for the day."

"But–"

"No." You cut him off.

Zhongli and Lumine slowly followed behind, stifiling a few laughs here and there. Childe wanted to retort but a simple look from you was enough to shut him up. Yeah, but that's what makes him love you a lot more. You're not physically fit for combat, but an expert in verbal arguments. Something he isn't really good at doing since he's more of actions rather than words.

=====================

Short af. Being in writer's block for that long sucks. But have this for a while. I'm thinking of making a book about some of my favorite ships but idk if I'll have the motivation to do it. 🥲