ᴜɴʀᴇǫᴜɪᴛᴇᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ | ᴢʜᴏɴɢʟɪ

"Lăo shī?" Childe called out, standing outside the door.

....

"I'm coming in, then." The ginger head slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door. To his surprise, the room was... empty. Untouched.

Childe entered the room, looking around for anything that was left behind for him. His Lăo shī never goes on leave without informing the harbinger. You can say it's a form of respect for one another.

Just like he thought, a white envelope was on the desk. Placed in a position where it seemed to be expecting someone to open it.

Childe picked up the envelope, chuckling at the neatness and familiar seal. He opened it, making sure not to overdo it like last time. He kinda felt bad for straight up ripping it open.

Upon inspecting the contents of the letter, Childe immediately put the letter away and dashed off to the supposed location mentioned in the letter.

'I'll be in Guili Plains should you need me. Mr. Zhongli said he wanted to show me something.'

=================================

You silently listened to the retired archon, as he briefly explains some things history wasn't able to file in. Every once in a while, you would notice Zhongli's subtle glances at you. Ptobably because you mostly kept your head hung low.

"_____, is something the matter?" You immediately shook your head. Zhongli didn't seemed convinced but he didn't pry.

You two ended up walking in silence.

Just ask him already! It's now or never.

You took a deep breath, stopping in your tracks. Zhongli stopped as well, noticing your presence not beside him as he turned to look behind him.

"_____?"

"Tell me, Zhongli." You disregarded the honorific, earning a raised brow from the archon. "What is love to you?"

Zhongli blinked, a bit caught off guard by the sudden question. But nonetheless, the male answered.

"Love is universal. Everyone can love and be loved, it all depends on who it's coming from."

"Then tell me..." You paused. "...Is it worth loving someone... who's heart seems unreachable..?"

Zhongli placed a hand on his chin, somewhat unsure of what to answer. It was maybe 1 or 2 full minutes before he decided to give his answer.

"Well... if you love them, then they must be a very important person in your life. But I wouldn't say it's unworthy to love someone who seems far out of reach. You just need to take the chance and say it... or live forever knowing you never got to say your point."

================================

The harbinger made it to the plains, out of breath. He looked around, spotting you and the archon almost instantly.

He took a second to catch his breath before making his towards you two. Well, more like hiding in one of the nearby trees, eavesdropping.

His heart sank when he heard the words he dreaded to hear.

'I'm sorry ____, but I can't return the feelings.'

🎉 You've finished reading 𑁍 𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏 𝑰𝒎𝒑𝒂𝒄𝒕 𝑶𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒔 𑁍 🎉