15 [Monster Hunter]

Sapnap was a little put off by the boat mechanics.

Before they all went to bed on day three, after all the sparring, Dream said they should spend a while hunting monsters just to get enough string for bows and hopefully some arrows, possibly Ender pearls, but that was a stretch.

So they made a few boats and Sapnap was designated to test the trapping-thingy that it does with mobs and stuff.
The sun was close to setting, and they were all suited up with swords out. They were close to the house so they could take shelter if they needed to, but Sapnap was pretty sure he could stab some monsters without issue. Now that he had practiced, and also wasn't running for his life.

But the boats were weird. As soon as he stepped right next to it, he essentially faceplanted into the bottom, then he was swung around into a sitting position and plopped down on the belly on the boat. It was very disorienting.

He could easily get out of it though, unlike the monsters that would soon be spawning.

"Remember," Dream said as the three of them backed into a defensive circle, "just go for spiders until you each have three string, then target skeletons. Don't go near creepers."

"What if the creepers just want to give us a hug?" Sapnap asked sarcastically.

George snorted. "Then it's all yours."

Sapnap laughed.

Monsters started popping into existence over the field as darkness fell. Despite being in full iron and holding a sword, Sapnap was a tiny bit scared, not that he would ever admit it. He was just unusually grateful to have George and Dream by his side.

They killed monsters systematically, and quickly got enough string without being hurt too much. The shields were a blessing.
It was actually kind of fun.
Well, it's technically a video game, so that makes sense.

Besides stabbing the undead, arachnids, and mutated pigs, nothing interesting happened until Dream shouted "ENDERMAN!"

Instead of looking around, Sapnap limited his gaze to the ground in front of him, listening for monsters. He heard a skeleton to his left and blocked an arrow with his shield, shuffling over to hit it.
George screamed.

"FUCK I LOOKED AT IT!"

"OH MY GOOOOOOD! George you literally do this every time!" Sapnap was preoccupied with the skeleton.
The Enderman made angry noises and started teleporting closer.

"Place a boat!" Dream yelled at George.

"Ok, ok."

George placed a boat at his feet and stood next to it, looking around for the tall dark boi.
It vwooped behind him and smacked his head, he screamed and stumbled backwards.

He went around the boat, trying to get the Enderman to follow him, but it kept teleporting away at the last second.

It hit him again and he let out an ear-piercing scream. "IT'S HURTING ME!"

"USE YOUR SHIELD DIPSHIT!" Sapnap yelled back.

"IT'S TELEPORTING!!!" George shouted angrily.

The Enderman's growling was louder than anything else, it was all around them.

It whizzed into their area again and George accidentally made eye contact with it. He stiffened.

"HIT IT!" Sapnap yelled. Dream was busy with a baby zombie.
George did nothing but stare at the glowing, purple eyes boring into him. Drifting particles floated around him.
The Enderman walked closer.

Sapnap ran up behind and stabbed it, making it teleport away again. He shook George by the shoulders. "SNAP OUT OF IT!"

"AHHHHH!" George screamed in Sapnap's face. "I'M ALMOST DEAD OH MY GOD SAPNAP PROTECT ME!" He cowered behind him and tried to eat, but the Enderman came out of nowhere and hit him again, he cried in pain; Sapnap swung but missed it.

Dream came out of nowhere like he was teleporting too, he dumped out a water bucket and shoved George into it with a splash.

Cool water rushed over Sapnap's ankles, the Enderman reappeared and paced at the edge of it. Sapnap placed a boat that slid into it and it was finally trapped. Dream was standing over George with his shield up.

Sapnap, panting, finally killed it. The agonizing death scream rang out long after it poofed into smoke.
He sighed heavily. "All that and no pearl."
He looked back; George was weak.

He and Dream fended off the monsters until George was fully recovered, he sat in the water source the whole time, healing.
Sapnap backed into it for a minute to eat. Dream impaled a creeper before it could explode close by. The sizzle was still terrifying.
Sapnap stabbed a zombie a few times before it too disappeared into smoke.

Dream scooped up the water. "Let's call it a night. We have enough string, and we can just craft arrows. Sapnap, did you get a pearl?"

"No," Sapnap said shortly.

They went back to the safety of the house.
"Sorry," George said to the ground.

"It's okay," Dream said soothingly. "You're fine now."

"I know, but I'm just not that good at fighting as both of you."

Understatement, Sapnap thought.

"Well good thing I'm here to protect you," Dream said heroically.

"SIMP." Sapnap shoved him lightly. He laughed. George smiled, shaking his head in a "these idiots" kind of way.

"Yeah, Dream-" he rolled his eyes- "stop simping for me."

"Okay that's it, next time use your own water bucket."

"I would have."

"Yeah, sure."

"Ok, guys. I am very tired," Sapnap interrupted their marital spat, "and I would like to sleep. So goodnight to both of you, I'm sure tomorrow will be busy."
He wasn't wrong.

(928 words- short lol)
Huh that Enderman thing was kinda shady