52 [Tactical Fishing]

Skeppy and Dream had finished the pool. He had wandered off somewhere, but a6d was chilling with Ian on the porch.

Skeppy was experimentally making a fishing rod and casting it in the pool.
The pool was obviously only three by three and there were no fish in it, but Skeppy was still trying because Minecraft. If it worked, then fishing was the laziest way to get food.

The rod bobbed in the pool and Skeppy idly wondered where Dream was.
There's some other stuff on the list, right? I should probably make a sign so I remember stuff. I bet Dream knows.

Skeppy wanted to make a surprise cake for Bad. He smiled thinking about it. He'll love it so much.

The float dropped sharply under the water and Skeppy yanked the pole back, unexpectedly delivering a fish into his lap. He cried out with surprise.

A6d looked up. "What happened, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm good. The fishing worked!" Skeppy held it up. "Fish still come out of nowhere! This is great!"

"Oh cool, how does that work?"

"I dunno, but it's good for us." Skeppy shrugged. "Come here, you can feed the first one to Ian, I bet he'll like it."

"Okay." A6d found his way over and sat next to Skeppy. Skeppy gave the little cod to him "thanks" and he fed it to Ian, who purred.

Skeppy thought about Bad and how he liked the little trout in a bucket and he wondered if he could find a new Mr Squeegee somewhere to surprise him with. He'd have to find a river or ocean though, and he didn't see any close by.

Skeppy caught a salmon, but this one wouldn't go in a bucket because it was already dead, unfortunately.
He got a cod next. A6d noticed the little sploosh.

"Here, you try." Skeppy handed him the pole.

"Um, okay. I assume I don't have to see to do this, then?"

"No, you'll hear it and you can actually feel it too. Just pull back really hard."

"Okay," a6d said nervously.
He missed the first one, but the second time a pufferfish zipped into his lap.
"Oh, that's weird."

Skeppy quickly picked it up before him. "Don't eat this one! It poisons you."

"Um okay, how can I tell the difference for which ones to eat?"

"Well we're gonna cook the other ones before we eat them, but here- you can feel it, the poison ones are spiky like this."

"Oh, okay, cool."

"Are you okay by yourself for a few minutes? I wanna go find Dream; he's wandered off again." Skeppy stood up and looked around.

"Uh yeah, sure, I guess. I just pull on this fishing thingy?"

"Ohp- here- you have to throw it out again."
"Huh, okay, thank you."

Skeppy smiled. "I'll leave Mob with you. Sit Mob, take care of a6d."
Mob sat and barked and wagged his tail like the adorable little hero he was, and Skeppy scratched his ears before leaving.

Dream was on some stairs he had placed before the portal like a seat. He was holding a yellow cap, but he quickly put it away and stood when he saw Skeppy coming.

"You're fine, I'm not hunting you down or anything," Skeppy joked.

Dream smiled briefly. "Okay. What's up?"

"Nothing, a6d's fishing. I was just looking for you. I brought some stuff from the garden if you wanna go to the animals and um, breed them or whatever."