67 [Sky's the Limit]

TW // mention of death and suicide and brief blood

I was eager to read the book ever since George said it was mine, so when he stopped reading after a lot of yawning, I volunteered.

Everyone was sitting on the floor. It was getting dark outside. George handed the book to me as everyone else stretched.
"Hold on, let me find a snack first." I dug through my backpack. I had collected a lot of food from the pile and things that looked useful, unlike everyone else who gathered weapons that looked cool, but I didn't mind. Everyone'll want food eventually. I found a piece of pumpkin pie that somehow hadn't been squished in the bag and started eating it, feeling better immediately.
"Ahem..." I searched for where George left off and finally read my own words.

According to the book, I started writing after trading for something called "ink sacks" when I was living with Skeppy and a6d. There was nothing in that part about Dream, Sapnap, or George, except for a small note that none of us could understand about trying to find Dream at spawn. There was a lot about Skeppy, which continued throughout the whole book. The main point was to help Skeppy figure out how to leave the game and stop him and a6d from fighting, but it didn't mention why they'd fight. It was also very important not to say bad words.
George had read my notes from the start until we got chased away from our house by Pillagers. I read when a6d got hurt and when Skeppy was mining. I wrote a lot during this time because I didn't want to go underground. This is where I explained what happened when we first got in "Minecraft" and a6d died. I was very worried about a6d not waking up and what Skeppy and I would do.

Long after dark, I noticed everyone was barely listening. George was asleep.

"Do you guys... want me to keep going?" I asked.
Skeppy sat up. "Yeah what the hell happened to a6d?"
"I'm right here," a6d said.
Dream was nudging George awake- "Georgeeee Georgeeeeee..."
He woke up with a snort. "Oh yeah what, did you get to the part with the lava yet?"
The other guys questioned him about what he was talking about while I glanced outside at the stars and yawned.

Dream cleared his throat. "Ok, I think we might need to skip forward to get an idea of what's going on now."
"Yeah, I don't want to listen for another three days about how much Bad thinks about Skeppy," Sapnap groaned.
Me and Skeppy both made offended noises at this, but a6d spoke up with a shrug, "Yeah but then how will we know if we miss something important if we skip over it?"
"George can tell us," Dream gestured at the brunette who was dozing off again. He shook him. "George!"
"Waaaaat," George complained. "He's a slow reader and I already read this part, just wake me up when we go to the Nether." His voice got quieter as he finished and he waved his hand, closing his eyes again.

I'm not a slow reader, I thought indignantly. Sapnap raised his voice, "HEY! We're all tired so we can just figure it out tomorrow, ok?"
"Yeah, we've been awake for like 2 days," a6d muttered.
"It's not like we don't have forever anyway," Skeppy said, looking around for a place to lie down.
Everyone else made uncertain "ehhhhh?" noises and Dream ran a hand through his hair and said, "I don't feel like we do for some reason."
"Whatever, I'm tired." Skeppy proved this by flopping on the planked floor and putting an arm over his eyes.

Shaking my head, I pulled a bed out of my backpack and placed it so it grew. I got on, then noticed them staring at me. "What? You guys didn't get beds?"
They shook their heads. Oh well I guess there weren't that many on the pile... "Hey!" I yelled at Skeppy, who was pushing me to the side. "Stop! Wait a second!" With annoyance at their impatience, I quickly gave out all the other beds I had. But I ran out and Skeppy was still on mine. I only had four.
"None of you muffinheads picked one bed up? Oh my goodness. We have to share. No, stop complaining, you guys should be thanking me for not leaving any out there with the monsters. Put them in a line, we can share. Skeppy, move."