47 [Serious Dedication]

I glanced over at where George was listening to Sapnap tell Skeppy everything he was supposed to do. He didn't look over and my expression fell.

Bad was double-checking that a6d had everything he needed.
He gave him a tenth hug. "Awwwwh you better be safe you muffin."

"You're the one going to a dangerous place," a6d remarked with a little smile.

"I know." Bad was already teary, but he was keeping it together.
I was probably about to cry once George went out of sight.

The Nether portal stood against the village wall, with a fence around it so nothing wandered in. It was already activated; the particles reminded me of Endermen and the noise made me slightly sick.

Bad put a hand on my shoulder and the other on a6d's. "You guys remember to keep Skeppy safe. He's a muffinhead sometimes." He sniffed. "Be good, okay?"

We nodded. I scrutinized his face. "Please take care of George. Don't let him get hurt, please."

Bad nodded and gave me a hug.

"Also take care of yoursellllf," a6d said lightly and I chuckled.

"And Sapnap," I added. "Just all of you. No one get hurt."
I blinked fast and looked up. Fuck I don't want to cry.

>>>
<<<

George gave Skeppy a soft hug and then he left them to say goodbye to Bad.

George felt Dream's eyes on him again but focused on Sapnap.
Stay strong.

Sapnap noticed and glanced at Dream.
"Why won't you look at him?"

George grit his teeth. "I'm sure he'll come to talk in a second. He's just simping, it's fine."

Sapnap hummed briefly. "I'm gonna miss him," he said fondly.

George gazed to the side and stiffened. "Yeah."
Stay strong stay strong.

"What's up?" Sapnap asked. "Seriously?"

"I just... I don't want to drag it out." George stared at the grass. "Part of me wants to leave already. I don't really want to, but just sort of..."

Sapnap put a big hand on his hair like patting a dog or something.
"You're stupid. Go talk to him."

George scowled at the condescension but took a deep breath and turned around to say goodbye.

>>>
<<<

Skeppy ran a hand through his hair.

Most of them had their armor off because of the low threat. Bad had already tried on the full diamond set. It was so shiny, Skeppy almost cried. Definitely that reason.
Bad looked very good in the diamond armor; Skeppy just hoped and prayed it would keep him safe. He couldn't even bring himself to think of the alternative.

Bad came up to him. Skeppy shuffled over to the front of the house where Mob was sitting.
He finally met Bad's gaze; his eyes were red. Fuuuuuuck I don't wanna do this.

"Hey Geppy." Bad sniffed.

Skeppy gave him a hug and buried his head in Bad's shoulder. "Please don't go."

He knew it was useless, but he had to say it. Bad sobbed and gasped. "I have to, Geppy."

Why.
Skeppy abruptly let him go and crouched next to Mob, petting him.
"But Mob needs you."

Bad gulped and shook his head as if to clear it. "Take good care of him. Make sure to feed him if he's hungry, okay?"

Skeppy stared at the dog. "But it's not the same without you here. He's going to miss you."

Bad crouched and petted him too. "He'll be okay without me for a little bit. I know he'll be so happy when I'm back."

Skeppy sniffed. Fuck.
"But he needs you."

Bad realized he wasn't talking about the dog. "I'm sorry."

Skeppy stood up. He just looked at the little husky sitting there as his eyes watered and his vision blurred as a lump welled up in the back of his throat.
"Mob loves you, Bad."

Bad turned Skeppy's face to look at him then hugged him tightly. "I love him too," he choked out.

Skeppy finally let the tears fall as he hugged Bad back.

>>>
<<<

I felt Ian rub his head against my leg and bent down to pet him.

Maybe it was lucky no one could see my eyes. Some bad kind of lucky.

Skeppy stood on my right and Dream on my left. I could hear the portal in front of us, and the other three pairs of feet had walked in front of it and stopped.

The two beside me were quiet, but I could hear their uneven breathing and tell Skeppy was holding back tears.

"BYEEEEE!" Bad called to us.
I lifted my hand in a small wave. "Byeeeeee!" I answered and a few others answered it weakly.

I kept waving, expecting to hear some sort of portal noise, but Dream put a hand on my arm. "They're gone," he said through a sigh.

(788 words)
The last one was long but here's a short and bittersweet goodbye.
No you don't get to hear Dream and George's.