*•.¸♡𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜♡¸.•*

After countless minutes of Brendon Urie, wrong turns, misdirection and yelling, Phil finally finds the address to my apartment. As he pulls into the driveway, I notice my parents cars aren't in the garage, I quietly sigh to myself and gather my things together.

"This is my stop," I say, getting out his car and waving to him. "Thanks for the ride Dadza."

He chuckles before saying, "Wait up, I'll come in with you, got to say hi to your parents so they don't think a random man dropped you home." He politely offers unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out the car. Panicked, I shut him down quickly.

"U-uh my parents aren't home right now," He pauses his path to the complex and looks at me confused.

"Really? How late do your parents work?"

"Oh-uhm they're... out on a business trip."

"Oh, ok what do they do?" shit, shit come on Isla quickly think of something. I've never exactly asked my parents what they do for work, mainly because they were never home long enough to have a conversation about it. But I can't say that to Phil, so in a spur of the moment spark of ideas I say.

"Oil.." I flinch at my own choice of words. Phil serves me a confused look, I don't blame him I would too, but only just then do I realise how much shit I've gotten myself into.

"Oil? What do you mean oil?" Now you've done it Isla.

"You know... like oil..." wow, very creative.

"OH! Do you mean those big oil rigs in the middle of the ocean?" y'know what, sure let's go with that.

"Yeah! Those things, they operate those."

"Oh! ok that's cool."

"Haha yeah."

Silence, just straight up silence for like a solid 10 seconds before Phil finally cuts in saying he has to go home. "Oh, uh yeah you probably should go then." He starts edging his way back to his car door and I start edging my way to the stairwell.

"Yeah, can't keep the wife waiting y'know."

"Oh yeah of course." I reply, acting as if I know what he's talking about.

"I'll see you on Tuesday yeah?"

"You bet, see you Phil."

"Bye Harvey, make sure to get some rest."

"All right dad," I say with an annoying amount of emphasis. He ignores me and gets into his car, slowly starting to back out of the driveway. I pause, hestitant of my actions beford quickly flagging him down to get him to stop. Expectantly he rolls down his window as I run towards the car.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just uhm..." I pause, realising how dumb this interaction was, regretting flagging him down in the first place, but I've come this far now, I can't leave him hanging. "I just...I just wanted to say thank you, y'know for believing in me," God that was cringe. He chuckles.

"No problem mate," He holds out his fist to me, which I finally give him the appropriate prompt back, clashing our fists together while laughing. "I'll see you later Harv."

"See you Dadza," He starts driving back again, finally leaving the apartment complex driveway.

"Stop calling me that." He says lightly.

"Never!" I yell, and with that he's gone down the street.

I climb my way up the stairs and reach my apartment door, crashing the keys through the lock lazily before swinging the door wide open, shutting it loudly and pushing my back up against it. Mr Richards from the house down below bashes a broom against his roof as a complaint, as a result I stomp my foot as loud as possible to scare him, which seems to work for now at least. Relaxing back against the door, I drag a hand down my face and let out a gigantic sigh. Today as been a LONG ass day.