*•.¸♡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙♡¸.•*

Ranboo POV:

The climb onto my roof was never an easy feat. It was annoying and uncomfortable and I had to contortion my body in all different directions to even get myself to the window to begin with. I'd be lying if I said my knees weren't completely busted and my back was broken by the time I reach a comfortable position atop the pointy tile. It was annoying and tiring and painful most of (if not all) times, what with the roof tiles digging into the small of my back and my ass. But that isn't to say I wouldn't do it over and over again, for it was entirely worth it for her.

And for the view of course.

My house sits directly atop the highest hill in town. It was a small luxury my family had completely overlooked when purchasing the home, for they were more interested in the fancy kitchen features and the 2 bathrooms rather than the location itself, but little 7 year old me wouldn't dare over look such an exciting opportunity, an adventure per say. So the exact day we moved in, I took me and my best friend (my stuffed bunny Mr Hops) up onto the roof to look out onto the view.

In retrospect, the view was nothing special, just an overlook of the town and the cars on the old highway. But passed the view of the town I call home, and all the bustling lives amongst it, was the real treasure, a beautiful and flourishing lake. Something little 7 year old me was simply infatuated by.

I'd have been to the lake many times before hand up until the day we moved in, and many more after that, all the way up until two years ago when they closed it from the public due to rejuvenation issues. But needless to say it was beautiful, a sight truly worth seeing, and a secret certainly worth keeping.

Though it were a beautiful sight up close, that doesn't nearly compare to the sight it could be from the roof of my house. Judging by the sight from below it would be almost heavenly an unreal, the waters would catch the sunlight in the perfect angle to cause a euphoric glimmer It would look ethereal. So as I clamber my way on to the roof at the ripe age of 7 years old, I was beyond excited to see the view.

Unfortunately for me however, the Johnson's two story, lakeside mansion obscured the view completely.

Let's just say Mr Hops and I weren't exactly happy with the news. We wanted to see the lake in all its blue and pristine glory.

But we were going to see the god damn lake.

Mr Hops and I plotted together ways to see the lake, even considering setting a ladder on top of the roof to climb up (luckily 7 year old me had enough common sense to know that that wouldn't work and that the ladder would just simply fall over with me on it) but we decided against it. Dinner was soon and I can't exactly experience Taco Tuesday if I was stuck in a hospital bed.

I was naturally a very tall kid however, way taller for my age than was what considered reasonable, so I could very well stand up to look over the Johnson's mammoth of a home, the only thing stopping me in my tracks was my deadly fear of heights and my will to actually keep myself safe. So really out of the two of us, I was capable, but because Mr Hops was so small, he couldn't see the view properly, if at all. And being the sympathetic kid at heart I was, I felt bad for him, no matter how high I held him, he still couldn't see the lake.

So in my infinite, seven year old wisdom, I threw him high into the air.

He got caught on a powerline.

Now, you would think I'd have been crying for hours after that. Running down the stairs to my parents and begging them to get him down and back into my tiny arms. But I didn't. I didn't shed a single tear, I only beamed my bright crooked smile.

Because he now held the best view in the whole town. Even better than the roof itself, or the balcony of the Johnson's mansion. He could see the lake, passed that and out onto the whole world. His stitched on, lopsided smile told little 7 year old everything I needed to know.