*•.¸♡𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙨 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧♡¸.•*

TW: panic attack

Ranboo POV:

Stargazing calls became a frequent thing after that night, a small and slightly meaningless tradition, carried out on both of our parts. It was a hassle really, with the timezones and everything, let alone clambering your way onto the roof, or in Isla's case setting up her projector, but regardless of the pointlessness of it all, We almost always found ourselves back up in the sky.

Sometimes it would be her outside on her roof, while I watch videos of the stars, or vice versa. Regardless of who or when it was, the conversation was always joined with whispered compliments, slightly personal ice breaker questions neither of us knew the answer to, and a half-forgotten promise to do this together one day in person.

Although both of us knew it probably wouldn't happen.

I've come to learn that Isla has a real knack for making me sleepy. Whether it be her singing softly to a random song I knew no name of, or a ramble about her day, I always found myself drifting off to sleep. It was never a bad thing (a few hours of sleep could actually do me some good) but unfortunately all my friends live miles away in a different corner of the globe, so staying awake was my only choice. Hence why I started streaming more often.

Regardless of when we ended the call, I always made it a habit to stream something. The choice of content was always a struggle, it could be a bit of Minecraft, or a horror game, maybe even a just chatting stream, whatever it was I didn't care, as long as I stayed awake and my sleep schedule was on track I didn't care. But no matter when, what, or why I was streaming, I always looked out for one person in the raging sea of my online chat.

And take a wild guess who that was.

Mars Radio has only been in my chat a couple times, for reasons I at first didn't know, (then quickly learnt after talking to Isla that it was her on her lunch break) but I never mentioned anything about recognising her, that would just give me away. Chat would sometimes recognise her, but I purposefully never paid mind. Kind of ignorant of me I know, but just trust me on this...

If I had the opportunity to talk about Isla without any consequences, I could (and would) ramble on for several millenniums.

But moving on, today was a day like every other. Just the usual school morning, come home, work on a video, stream or talk to Tubbo, then call Isla for like 4 hours and stream. I was currently on a 2 hour call with Isla, on my roof, staring quizzically at the stars (fortunately it was my turn on the roof tonight).

"My friend started a debate in English today about how bees should be able to run for president," she states nonchalantly. Something I have come to realise quite quickly about Isla is how clam she is when she's tired. Words spill out of her mouth like a waterfall most of the time, even if she doesn't quite compute what she is saying in the first place.

"Really, How did that go down?" I already knew it was Tubbo, not only from the mention of bees but also from his ide of the story but I played along regardless, it was always a good idea to hear both sides of the story. especially when it's funny

"Some kid called him a Barry B Benson kinnie and threw a book at him," she chuckled lightly, as opposed to my loud cackle. Now this bit I didn't hear.

"Is he ok?" I ask, now slightly concerned.

"Who? the guy or my friend?"

"Your friend?!"

"Oh! yeah Tubbo's fine, the book missed him by a long shot. Also the guy just got taken down to the office, it was still really funny though."

"That guy sounds like an asshole."

"Yeah, well it's the same guy who tried to get the school to do a flash mob for the end of year celebration last year, and he ended up just doing it by himself on the lunch tables."