Chapter 22

I flew up, gasping for air and clutching my chest. "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself, looking around the room. My room. Back in New Hampshire.

Run BTS was playing on the TV. I looked down to see that I was wearing my Mang pajamas. "Min Luna-Rose? Min Yoon-Jay?" I mumbled, immediately rubbing my flat belly. Grabbing my phone from the bedside table, I turned it on. The date said October 17, 2016.

Kicking off my blankets, I ran to my window. My heart dropped. I wasn't in Seoul anymore.

Plopping back down on the bed, I decided to scan all forms of social media for any info on Yoongi about our marriage and about our kids.

Nothing.

I felt a tear trickle down my face. What in the hell was going on? It was hard coming to terms with the fact that I was just in South Korea for eight months in the year 2020, but now I'm waking up just the day after when the incident happened.

Gathering my scrubs, I headed in to take a shower. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry while holding my stomach, missing the babies I never got to even meet.

When I returned to my room, my heart dropped at the sight of Yoongi on the screen. I sat on my bed, head resting on my knees as I cried while watching Yoongi on the screen. He has no idea I exist. He has no idea we created two babies.

Reluctantly I shut the tv off and slipped on my nurse mates. Even though I didn't want to go to work, I knew I had to.

Knowing my car was still at work, I hailed a taxi to bring me in. I thanked the driver as I exited the vehicle and walked into the hospital. Ignoring everyone I walked straight to the locker room.

"Hey Ang. Did you think about my offer?" Came the one voice I didn't want to hear. Chris. I rolled my eyes, ignoring him. "Have you gone deaf?" He asked, now standing next to me. "Chris, with all due respect, go fuck off" I sighed, not wanting to deal with his shit.

Looking at the picture of BTS in my locker made me want to break down in tears again.

He took a step back, hand on his heart. "You heard her, go away!" I look over to see Leah.

My view on her changed after what Namjoon said. Or, well, who I thought was Namjoon.

"Hey babe, you ok? No offense but you look like shit and your eyes are puffy and red."

I forced a smile. "I'm fine. Just, didn't sleep well is all." How could I explain to anyone what happened? I'd be locked up in a psych ward for sure.

She didn't look convinced but nodded her head anyway.

"Ok. Well, let's get to our unit ok?" I nodded, following her out the door. I still didn't trust her but how could I simply say 'This kpop idol told me not to trust you. And we've never met for the record.'

《《☆》》

For the first half of my shift, I faked a smile for my patients and continued on like everything was ok.

But it wasn't. I felt like I've just gone through a horrible breakup that never even existed. I've never felt more alone in my life.

I was happy when my lunch break rolled around. Grabbing my bag from my locker, I headed down to the cafeteria.

Luckily no one was in here other than the food service workers. I took a seat at a table in the back of the cafeteria, pulling out my sandwich.

As I was munching away, I saw Leah walk in. She smiled and waved to me. Returning a fake smile to her, she ordered her food then took a seat next to me.

"So, I got some news. After our lunch head nurse Smith wants to see us" she said, digging into her salad. "About what?" I asked, confused. I can't remember doing anything that would get me in trouble.

Leah shrugged. "I'm not sure. I just know she requested to see the two of us."

All throughout my break, Leah kept talking about her self while I just hummed and agreed, not really paying attention.

She didn't want to see us for what I was kind of hoping for, was she? No, its foolish to think like that.

《《☆》》

After lunch, I put my bag back in my locker then followed Leah to head nurse Smith's office. Luckily her office was on our floor so we didn't have to go far.

Leah knocked and waited for an answer.

"Come in."

I followed her in, taking a seat next to her. Mrs. Smith is an older lady of 70, clearly having been in nursing for a very long time. She was nice, but strict. In this line of work you have to be though.

"Ladies, thank you for coming. I have something I would like to discuss with you."

Leah and I exchanged looks.

"I have gotten word to pick two of my best nurses for a special assignment. Naturally, you two are my first choices."

My heart was racing. Palms sweaty.

"I am sending you two down to Boston next week" Mrs. Smith said. "Like, to Boston General?" Leah asked.

Mrs. Smith shook her head.

"Not quite. Theres some Kpop boy band that is going to be performing at Fenway and the arena has asked for me to send nurses to make sure there would be medical care available if need be."

I swear my heart dropped. Theres no way. No fucking way in hell.

"Mrs. Smith, so, uhm, w-whats the band name? Just so we can get to know who we will be meeting?" I asked. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

"Good thinking Angela. Let me see here" she said, riffling through her papers. She pulled one out.

"Ah. Right here, Bangtan Sonyedan. Or I guess BTS for short. So, are you ladies interested in going?"

A smile formed on my lips.

"Of course. It would be an honor."