#16

✫ ✧ ˚

✫ ✧ ˚ .  *  ✷ ˚ ✫

The moment your knuckles meet the door of Yoongi's office, you feel your muscles tense while waiting for any kind of response. When you get one in a form of dry 'come in' you push the door open and warily step inside. Just like you expected, Yoongi barely lifts his head up to note your presence. He knows it's you, he must know, but he barely glances at you as he buries his head into another stack of papers as usual. However, you know the real reason behind letting unnecessary work swallow him is completely different from his usual hardworking (or overworking) persona.

It's sad to see him this way. Letting himself distract with work that's not as important, and something he should be working on at least in a month. You've seen it, as his assistant you went through his meetings and plans, and you've let your curiosity get the best out of you just to find out that all of his work for this month is almost done. There are just two meetings left, nothing big.

It's been two weeks since the fight with his mother has happened. Two weeks full of Yoongi trying to act like nothing has happened in front of your son, dodging your attempt of comforting him when you were alone. He doesn't want to talk about it, you got that from him distracting himself and again, acting like nothing has happened. Whenever you went to ask about his mother, or simply show your worry to your husband, he'd just talk about most random stuff before you could even open your mouth. It's like he feels you're about to talk about that specific topic everytime. It's his way of coping with what happened and you've to respect that. You're not going to pressure him into talking about his mother.

"What's up?" he grumbles, doing an awful job of sounding casual and he knows that. He knows you see right through him, that's why his eyes stay glued to his desk and papers there rather than glancing at the roll of your eyes.

"I just got a picture of Jehu from one of the teachers, he seems to be loving it there." you tell him softly, feelings Yoongi's eyes flicker to yours for a moment as he sighs and leans against the chair.

Yes, you had to put Jehu into a daycare since Yoongi's mom used to babysit him. But now that she's not currently available to do that, you've decided to put him there. It's something you were debating for some time. There was an option that you could stay home with him, but there's so much interesting activity he can do there and actually find new friends, socialize with other kids before he's old enough to go into kindergarten. As a mother, it wasn't easy for you to drive him there and tell him goodbye even though you knew he's in good hands. Yoongi himself googled the best daycare center, a private one of course, and you went to check it there together. All three of you. Jehu seemed to love it there and it eased your nerves. He didn't even cry when you both left, too busy to realize it when he saw the huge kids castle. Yoongi had seemed to be more sad over the fact he's in daycare, no matter how many times you've tried to assure him that it's good for him.

"That's good," he mumbles, closing his eyes for a brief moment while you walk up to him and pull out your phone to show him the picture.

Just like you said, there's Jehu showing his gummy smile as he's catching bubbles with some other kids close to his age.