Forever Falling Pt2

TW- Coma/ Blood

Bruce burst out of the elevator doors looking around for Tony and Peter, his eyes were directed towards the pool of blood on the ground that Peter created from his wounds. His attention diverted towards the sounds of Tony crying, he rushed over and worry blasted through him as he observed Peter's unconscious body.

"Tony! omg... what happened?" Bruce exclaimed.

Tony averted his gaze towards Bruce, tears surrounding his eyes, "H-he passed out and f-fell out of the window... I-i tried t-to catch him b-but I was too l-late. He hit his head Bruce"

"Is he?" Bruce said but Tony interrupted him.

"Dead? No, Friday told me he is in a coma, c-can you help him?" Tony asked attempting to conceal his emotions.

"I will see what I can do but I can't make any promises, let's get him to medbay" Bruce replied sympathetically.

Tony picked the teen up being careful not to move his head too much and headed to the elevator with Bruce. When they arrived Bruce gathered additional doctors and nurses to assist him. He made sure Peter was comfortable on the bed and grabbed a small torch to inspect his eyes. Bruce informed Tony it was called 'Neuro-obs' and it basically allowed him to check Peter's reaction to the light. If the teens eyes dilated it indicated brain activity and if he did not respond then there would be internal brain complications. Thankfully, Peter's eyes dilated slightly telling Bruce there was no serious brain damage.

Tony felt relief as Bruce explained that Peter's brain was still active and it was a positive sign. However, he was still in bad condition and Tony was unsure if he would wake up. Bruce then hooked Peter up to an IV, insuring he got the correct nutrients and it would also flush his body of any poisons that were used. Tony hoped that when the toxin substance left the teens body then his enhanced healing abilities would aid him. Bruce continued to clean up Peter's cuts and make sure they would not get infected, he also decided to do some brain scans to see if the teen sustained internal bleeding.

-

Peter felt the black abyss take him further into darkness, reality was getting harder to get a grip off and it felt as if he was floating. The last thing he remembered seeing was Tony cutting his ropes with a small scalpel, then everything turned dark. He tried to open his eyes but it felt as if he was paralysed, unable to move or speak. Peter could hear the distant voices of people talking, he was not able to detect who they belonged to as it all sounded muffled. Peter began to panic more as the thought of the voices belonging to the intruders surfaced his mind. 'What if Mr Stark needs my help' Peter questioned.

Tony was sat on the chair next to the hospital bed the teen inhabited, Bruce had gone to look at Peter's brain scan results. Peter was deadly still, the only indication of life was the heart rate monitor and the teens slow and raspy breaths reassuring Tony of life. The billionaire's thoughts were interrupted when the heart rate monitor began increasing rapidly, Tony shot up and rushed towards the teen.

"Pete? can you hear me, shhh it's alright. I'm here bud, calm down. Bruce!" Tony said taking Peter's hand in his.

Bruce came rushing in shortly after, "What happened?".

"I don't know! you tell me Banner? The heart rate monitor just started rising" Tony said panicking.

"I checked his brain scans and his brain is extremely active, I have never seen anything like it even on a conscious person" Bruce stated whilst checking Peter's pulse.

The heart rate monitor continued to increase and Peter's breathing became rapid.

"I'm going to have to give him a sedative to calm him down, he's going to shut his body down further if he carries on" Bruce said whilst grabbing a needle.