Misfire

Tw- Blood, Shot, Major Character Death

Today was the day, Peter would be able to prove himself to the Avengers. Natasha had finally persuaded Tony to allow the teen to help on the upcoming mission. Hydra had created mechanical robots that, threatened to bomb and kill innocent civilians. It became apparent that this situation was an Avengers level threat, when Tony received an anonymous email with a video attached. The video contained a man with an army of robots behind him, with a clear message-

"Hello Anthony, You probably don't remember me. How could you.... just a boy after all. Your father Howard and I, worked very closely with each other. In fact I was of high importance regarding the designs of the weapons. Most of the parts you used for the weapons manufactured, before you cowedly stopped disrupting them. We're made by me. Designed by me. After your father fired me at the mention of robotic soldiers, I followed my own path in life. I didn't need him, I only needed myself. I spent years gathering a team willing to work for me, 'a greater cause'... that's what they called it. A threat big enough to demolish cities.... A threat big enough to tear the Avengers apart. Howard should have listened to me. Instead, his ego clouded his mind. He couldn't handle the fact it was my idea, not his. That brings us back to my 200 reinforced metal, soldiers ready to spill blood.... Your blood. What you have fought so long to protect, will be destroyed in hours. So, catch me if you can....." The mans tone was emotionless, sending a shiver down Tony's spine. How could they take down 200 weaponized robots by themselves. As much as he hated to admit, he needed Peter's help. The thought of potentially putting the teen in danger, immensely worried Tony.

Unfortunately, Bruce and Thor were still off world. In fact, No one had seen Bruce since he disappeared on the quin jet. That leaves Tony, Steve, Peter, Natasha, Clint and Sam to defeat the new aspiring villain. They were honestly getting a bit tired, of the constant mediocre evil vs good. It seemed that since the Avengers surfaced, so did every bad person craving attention or revenge on them. They couldn't complain. Watching the good they cause from taking down the unwelcome villains, was certainly rewarding. People were safe. They got to carry on their lives feeling protected, unaware of the mental toll it takes on the hero's everyday.

After Tony shared the videos with the rest of the team, he suggested they suit up. Friday was in the process of tracking the coordinates of the videos location, whilst Tony headed to Peter's room to discuss the mission.

He knocked on the door and slowly walked in, he observed the teen sat on his desk completing his homework. "Hey kid, I need to talk to you".

Peter's face only reflected one of worry, "Oh... did I do something wrong?".

The billionaire looked taken aback, "No, course not kiddo. We have a problem and I'm sending the team out to try and resolve it, I was wondering if you wanted to join us on the mission today. It's gonna be tough and you have to listen to everything I say".

Peter's face lit up as Tony droned on, "Omg yes! Thank you Mr Stark!! I promise to listen! This is so exciting, my first mission with the team!".

His mentor smiled at the enthusiasm coming from the teen, "Alright, here's the plan..." Tony made sure to show the teen, the video that was sent. Then he gave the typical, 'stay safe and listen to what I tell you' talk. Peter had never paid attention more than he did in that moment, the teen quickly picked up the plan and got his suit on. Tony had left Peter's room, to gather the rest of the team.

"Ok....", Peter took a deep breath whilst looking at himself in the mirror. "Suit on... check, comms on... check". The teen pulled his mask on and quickly spoke, "Karen you there?".

"Yes Peter, I am here", the AI responded.

"Ok, Karen check. Lastly.... Web shooters, Karen? Where are my web shooters!?". Peter frantically looked around, honestly his room was a mess.