Sleep Deprivation

TW- Sleep Deprivation, Blood, Bullying, Pills

It was a normal day for Peter, he was currently at school studying for an upcoming chemistry test with Ned. As usual Ned was rambling on about a new lego set that was coming out in the next couple of days. Peter tried to listen but his mind was elsewhere.

"So what do you think?" Ned asked, looking excitely at Peter.

"Uh sounds good, can't wait" Peter replied attempting to match his energy, although he was unaware of what Ned was actually referring to. He guessed it was about lego but Ned could have changed the subject without him noticing.

Ned just smiled and Peter mimicked the response, they spent the next hour making notes of possible topics that could appear in the test. Peter didn't particularly need to revise as he was already confident in most things science related. He was mainly there for Ned, knowing that he concentrates better when Peter is present. Which was true physically, but mentally Peter's mind drifted into deep thought.

Peter was worried, he was overworked. He could not remember the last time he had a decent night's sleep. He would go to Stark Tower most days after school and even stay overnight on weekends. He could not rest during his spare time due to there, being too many tests to revise for in school. If he wasn't revising for school, he was assisting Tony whilst in the lab on a new big project. He would wake around 7 in the morning and not get to sleep until 2-3 at night. Even with the opportunity of having 3-4 hours of sleep his mind still actively took over and prevented any type of rest. It was draining him. He didn't even have time to go patrolling recently, his exhausted state wouldn't be very useful anyway.

Peter's thoughts were swiftly interrupted when a maths book hit the back of his head.

"Sup Penis Parker!" Flash said with a mocking grin.

"Don't call him that!" Ned snapped back.

"It's alright Ned, honest" Peter said quietly rubbing the back of his head.

Flash laughed and walked away relishing in his so called 'victory'.

Although the teen hated how tormenting Flash could be, he couldn't find the energy to care at that moment. He chose to ignore it, whether that was a choice or pure lack of energy.

The day went by fairly quickly after that, Peter only had one more class after lunch which was History. He was never the biggest fan, he preferred Science over all. Time passed in a blur, Ned didn't seem to notice Peter's sluggish movements and dazed eyes.

The teen pulled out another Red Bull from his bag, his energy had to accumulate from somewhere after all. Why not the caffeine packed liquid. His increased metabolism wouldn't allow the energy burst to last long, one hour at the most. Leading to Peter digesting a concerning amount the last couple of days. If you asked the exhausted teen how many he drank a day, he couldn't answer. How could you, when you didn't even know yourself.

Before he knew it, he was saying goodbye to Ned and the academic day was over. When Peter finally dragged himself out of school, the cold air did little to wake him up. He tiredly glanced around until his eyes landed on a familiar black car, that was waiting for him. The teens eyebrows furrowed in confusion, he couldn't remember it being a lab day with Tony. In fact, he believed today was his one day off in the week.

The plan to catch up on homework all afternoon disappeared, when Happy got out of the car. The same impatient face peering back at Peter. "Come on kid! You waiting for me to carry you to the car or something?" Happy held the same sarcastic tone as ever. That was until Peter took a few steps closer.

His eyes were bloodshot and the dark circles under his eyes were shocking. Peter's skin was even more pale than usual, making him appear as if he was a ghost. The older man even noticed, the slight trembling of the teen's hands. No surprise, due to the caffeine high. The kid was basically fidgeting an excessive amount, Happy's gazing eyes not helping.