Hallucinations

TW- Blood, Graphic Descriptions, Character Deaths

The air was consumed by thick smoke, surrounding the building. The little oxygen that resigned in the air, slowly became intoxicated by the fumes. Ash fell from the sky as if it were snowing. Peter tilted his head to the side, only seeing his body covered in thick grey residue. He lifted his arm and removed his mask. He had not quite processed why he was lying on the floor, his brain became muffled with confusion. The distant pain radiating down his leg, slowly beckoned him. Peter opened his eyes fully, rather than the sluggish half lidded glance around and observed his surroundings. He couldn't help but flinch when the poisonous air, burned his eyes. He blinked several times, before attempting to move. He gathered what little energy he had left and used his elbows to push himself up. Parts of rubble fell from on top of him, from the movement. Flashbacks of what happened, flooded his mind.

Mission....

Explosion....

Bomb?

Hydra....

Peter slowly sat up, the movement made his head thump with pain. He had come to the conclusion, that he had a concussion. The teen felt as if his ears, were full of cotton wool. His head radiated a warm sensation down his face, he told himself it must of been the heat from the explosion. Although, deep down he knew it was blood. He eventually remembered to check his leg, he took a deep breath before looking down. Peter let out an involuntary gag at the sight. His knee was covered in blood and his flesh was split all the way down to his ankle. He composed himself and glanced back down, his breath quickened. Further observation revealed, that he could see a bone. The teen let out a slight whimper and began looking around further.

"Mr S'ark!" Peter shouted, instantly coughing after. His throat was burning, from the acidic air and he knew he had to move soon.

He didn't receive a response, not to his knowledge anyway. His ears were ringing, he could still hear the distant sounds of rubble falling and fires looming. The teen couldn't remember where the others were, he could not see any of them.

" 'ello!" Peter attempted too scream, it came out as more of a childlike whimper. He saw a near by metal pole, next to him. He used his arms to crawl over to the pole and used it to lift himself up.

The teen applied all his weight on his good leg and couldn't help the cry of pain, that escaped when he got up. Peter leaned heavily on the temporary walking stick and made the mistake of trying to use his injured leg. Blood profusely poured out and he had to lean over, taking deep breaths to try and ease the pain. Peter decided to use his web shooters to cover the wound and prevent further blood loss. Now that the teen was standing, he acquired a better view of his surroundings. It looked similar to the chaos that happened on war films, flames raging in the distance, rubble from the collapsed building scattered the floor. Blood dripped from Peter, creating a puddle underneath him. He would have been sick at the sight, if he wasn't so delusional.

Peter took a few steps over, making sure to practically hop. The smoke around him cleared slightly, allowing him to see further in front of him. The teen didn't know what to expect, what he saw would haunt him for life. He noticed the shield first, covered in blood and ash. The closer he got, the more he could make out. Steve was lying next to the vibranium weapon, face emotionless as he stares in the sky.

"Steve!" Peter ran towards the super solider, struggling to bend down without disturbing his leg. He shook the mans still body and got no reaction. He felt for a pulse and received nothing, the teen quickly checked his body for any injuries. He moved the surrounding rubble from around Steves waist and gasped at the sight. A metal pole similar to the one he was using for a walking stick, embedded in the mans side. Now that there was nothing blocking his view, he noticed the pool of crimson underneath Steve. At that moment, Peter knew the man had bled to death. The super soldiers arm was stretched out, as if he reaching for something. Peter closed his eyes and stood back up, tears silently made his face wet with emotion.