Unconscious

TW- Fainting

To say Peter felt nervous, was putting it lightly. The teen was terrified, to say the least. Tony and him had been working extremely hard on a new project, it was based around nano particles mostly. The idea consisted of allowing soldiers in battle to throw a little device in front of them, that would project nano particles out and create a transparent blue forcefield. The device would also send out a distress signal to others if they needed aid. Peter thought of the idea whilst watching the news, 24 American soldiers were reported dead from a bomb attack. The teen felt a wave of guiltiness, he believed he was a coward for not helping the armed forces. Peter wanted to help in some way, that's when he thought of the protection device. He expressed his feelings to his mentor the same day and they talked about ideas until they came up with N.P.P.F, which meant:

Nano Particles Protection Forcefield

Tony loved his acronyms and he let Peter pick it, the billionaire thought the name could have been better but Peter was so happy to be helping. He didn't have the heart to ask to change it. Peter had worked non stop for days, Tony's only job was to fund the project and some materials. The teen practically took over his mentors personal lab. When they finally finished, they were ecstatic with the results. The forcefield worked a treat and could even deflect Tony's suit blasts. Peter felt euphoric in that moment, he was extremely proud to be able to assist the brave woman and men putting their lives at risk for their country. The situation was certainly not talked about enough and Peter would defiantly make more people aware of the hard work and dedication it takes, to become a solider. Now that he was Spider-Man, he could use his platform to spread awareness.

That brings us back to the conversation that made the teens heart thump rapidly, against his chest.

"Well done kid", Tony said whilst looking at the thousands of devices they completed. "I was thinking... You have done everything to make this possible really, I mean it was your idea. I only contributed the funds, it would be selfish for me to take all the credit. So... I have organised a press conference and you are going to present N.P.P.F to the world. 'Tony Starks personal intern', it's about time you get the attention you deserve. It's all good for Spidey to be praised but it's your turn now. You good with that?".

Peter glared at Tony, eyes wide with shock. "Uhh yeh... I mean sure, I will have to spend some time preparing. Oh god... I need to write a speech, how long have I got?".

Tony slipped on his classic sunglasses, "Uh... actually the announcement is in 20 minutes, you don't need a speech kid just say the gist of what it is then I will take over. 5 mins tops off talking".

"Wait.... 20 minutes! oh god", a wave of anxiety shot through Peter.

Tony seemed to notice the sudden panic in the teens eyes, "You don't have to do it, if you really don't want to".

Peter did not want his mentor to think he wasn't capable of a 5 minute speech, "No no its alright, I will do it. How hard can it be right?". The teen let out a nervous giggle after, he could tell Tony wasn't so convinced with his sudden confidence.

"Ok cool.... let's go", Tony gestured for Peter to leave the room. They both got changed and headed for the conference room.

-

Peter was nervously scrunching up his hands and pacing outside of the door, Tony said he would warm up the crowd and then give the teen his cue.

The distant voice of his mentor talking filled Peter's ears, he sounded so confident. "I'm glad you could all make it here today, although i am paying you so why wouldn't you." Peter heard a few giggles, god his mentor was effortlessly funny. Which worried the awkward teen further, he glanced in through the door to see several cameras facing Tony's way. It was currently being broadcasted live on the news, another thing for the teen to be nervous about.