35 - SOMEDAY SOON?!

"She's gotta be kidding me!" Jungkook uttered to himself after realizing where Chaeyoung had taken him.

Jungkook was pacing back and forth. He was feeling certain that anyone who saw him would think that he was a bundle of nerves. It's been almost an hour since he came to the park after sending Chaeyoung a message. He asked her to meet him there, thinking of confessing his feelings for her.

Spending a lot of time together for the past couple of weeks made him realize that he was ready to step up his game. He knew he was being obvious about how he felt for Chaeyoung. Yet, his little innuendos were not taking him anywhere. She was acting so oblivious that he was starting to get frustrated about it.

He rechecked his phone for the nth time today but still got the same result not even a minute ago, with no messages nor upcoming calls. Out of worry and anxiety, he began to think that his phone was broken or something. She clearly had seen his message so it was unthinkable for Chaeyoung to completely ignore him nor ditch him.

BUT she did.

Unknown to him, Chaeyoung was there after all. She was lurking around somewhere, indecisive whether to show herself or not. She was afraid she knew why Jungkook asked for them to meet. She would have wanted to finally hear it directly from him, for him to say it outright. She'd been waiting for this day to confirm that Jungkook truly reciprocated her feelings. But her situation would not allow it.

She was leaving to migrate with her family to Australia soon. And it was only right not to encourage themselves with any thoughts of starting a relationship. So with a heavy heart, she remained hidden from him.

He was sitting on the bench with his eyes roaming around the park while glancing at the phone in his hand from time to time. He looked weary and stressed but she was not the slightest thinking about showing up before him.

"I'm so sorry, Jeon." She kept on whispering to herself.

An hour after, Jungkook left the park with Chaeyoung walking a few meters behind him. Since the park was in her neighborhood, he thought of passing by her home before going home. He stood in front of her house for about five minutes, unsure why he was doing so but he was hoping that she would show up if he stayed a bit longer.

BUT she never did.