16 - Someday Soon

Jungkook’s POV

I stood tongue-tied in front of Chaeyoung and Jaehyun. I was beyond surprised to see them together.

This woman . . . really . . . she’s testing my patience. She never listens.

It was only a few nights ago when I told Chaeyoung not to show too much concern with another man. Now, here she was.

Argh!

I was trying to say something when Chaeyoung interrupted.

“Jeon.” She softly called before explaining rapidly. “This is not what it seems. I mean . . . I was supposed to visit Jaehyun at the hospital but since he got discharged earlier today, I came here instead. And I only came to prepare dinner for him.”

In response, I met her gaze with confusion clouding my eyes.

Then she added frantically, “Well, I also ate with him. But that’s all there is to it. I’m actually heading home right now.”

I smirked after realizing what she was trying to do.

Alright Park, I get you. Now I know that you and Jaehyun did nothing wrong. So we’re good.

The uneasiness that I felt upon seeing Chaeyoung and Jaehyun together a few minutes ago was gone. At first, I felt upset to see her with him when she had been avoiding me for the past three days. But witnessing the way she tried defending herself just now without anyone asking her made me feel amused and satisfied.

C’mon Park, just admit it that you like me too. Let’s stop torturing the both of us.

I chuckled, feeling lighthearted believing that Chaeyoung actually liked me the same way I felt about her. The two persons in front of me looked at me confusingly but I did not mind. I laughed my heart out.

Chaeyoung scrunched her face and hit me lightly in the shoulder.

“Jeon stop laughing like a maniac. What’s going on with you?” She screamed in frustration.

I pushed my lips inward as I kept myself from laughing. Then I flicked Chaeyoung’s forehead and pushed her away while getting inside Jaehyun’s apartment.

“Jae, why didn’t you tell me that you’re getting discharged today? I would have gone to fetch you.” I told Jaehyun while ignoring Chaeyoung who was giving me death glares.

“It’s fine.” Jaehyun answered, his eyes shifting warily between me and Chaeyoung. “Um, Kook I’ll send off Chaeyoung first.”

“Huh? There’s no need to do that.” I blocked Jaehyun from getting near Chaeyoung. “Park, you can go home by yourself, can’t you? Bye!” I added as I turned around to face Chaeyoung and pushed her out of Jaehyun’s apartment. Then I closed the door on her face before she could say anything.

Chaeyoung’s POV

I was cursing Jungkook in my head the whole time I was heading home. It’s not that I wanted to stay longer but he did not have to dismiss me like that.

I get it that he already likes someone else. But couldn’t he be less obvious about it? Pfft!

Ding!

I unlocked my phone and squinted at it after seeing that Jungkook sent me a message.

What now? Wasn’t he done annoying . . .

I was not able to finish my thoughts after reading his message.

Be safe on your way home. And make sure to inform me the moment you reached your apartment.