5 - my little chipmunk

Chaeyoung’s POV

I just came out of the shower with my robe on and the towel wrapped around the top of my head. Then the events of last night flashed before me. Too bad I was not dreaming. I actually met Jeon Jungkook, the last person I wanted to see, first among everyone else. And to worsen things, we just had to live in the same apartment building with our units being right beside each other’s.

Too much for wanting to avoid him, huh?!

I looked at my pale reflection in the mirror. I was staring at myself with anxiety revealed in my eyes. And I hated to admit that my reason wasn’t merely Jungkook’s presence back in my life. I was more afraid of the way he was affecting me. The feeling was not foreign at all that I couldn’t deny it even if I tried.

Ding Dong! Ding Dong!

I groaned as I got up and walked laggardly to the door to see who was bugging me this early in the morning. I checked the security monitor and surprise took over me. It was him, the very person who couldn’t seem to let my mind rest, Jungkook. If he was not invading my thoughts, he’d surprise me with his sudden appearance . . . like now.

I pressed the microphone button so I could talk to him.

“I’ll get the door in five minutes. Wait up a bit.” I spoke before hurrying back to my bedroom.

I dressed in a casual shirt and shorts before I went to see Jungkook.

“What?” I asked after opening the door for him.

“Good morning!” He greeted with a wide smile plastered on his face. “Have you eaten your breakfast already?”

Trying not to stare at his fresh-from-the-shower look, I answered, “No, I haven’t. Why?”

“Then this is your lucky day.” He said.

He pushed me inside my apartment and asked me to wear my shoes. After that, he dragged me outside until we reached the diner where I ate my dinner last night.

“What are we doing here?” I asked while I hesitantly took a seat on the chair that he pulled for me.

He went to sit across from me before answering, “If it isn’t that obvious, we’re here to have our breakfast. Go ahead and look over the menu. It’s my treat.”

“You’re the best!” I said while playfully pointing finger guns at him.

He chuckled at my gesture before calling the waiter’s attention. We gave our order to the waiter then he left after promising to be back with our order in twenty minutes.

We were just waiting for our food to arrive when I felt like I’m getting suffocated with Jungkook’s steady stare at me. I tried not to be bothered by it and kept my gaze roaming all over the place. But it came to a point where his attention towards me was becoming uncomfortable.

“Jeon, I’d appreciate it if you look away or even blink once in a while.” I snickered. “I won’t vanish if you do. Go ahead and give it a try.”

“Yeah, right!” He huffed as he leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms over his chest. He briefly looked away and faced me once again. “Sorry. It’s just . . . I still can’t believe that you’re there, sitting across from me, in the flesh.”

I wasn’t able to respond to that because I was actually feeling the same way. I openly gazed at him instead. I knew that was bold of me but I couldn’t help myself now that I’ve started.

He mostly looked the same, still as handsome as ever. He grew his hair out with a middle parting. It made him look a bit matured but it suited him nonetheless. And he looked manly sporting light stubble above his upper lip and around his chin.