14 - knowing what she wants

Jungkook’s POV

Throughout dinner, I could feel Chaeyoung’s piercing gaze on me. At first, it was tolerable since she looked adorable with her furrowed brows and the way she was furiously munching on her food. She was trying to intimidate me not knowing that I wanted to scream in delight at her overflowing charm.

Chaeyoung looking like a cute chipmunk is treachery in the making. I didn’t know today would be the end of me.

I was enjoying the way she was showing her annoyance with me until a friend came to greet me.

“Jungkookie!” I heard a woman squealed from somewhere until the person stood in front of me.

I was halfway through processing my surprise when I felt being squeezed in between a pair of arms. I giggled in amusement until my eyes landed on Chaeyoung’s fuming look. I choked on my laughter. I felt like it ran back inside my throat the moment I realized who was sitting across from me.

I was thinking of a way to explain myself when I heard, “I missed you so much. You missed me too, didn’t you?”

Yumi-noona, why did you have to say that aloud?

I groaned as my head jerked towards Yumi.

“O-of course, noona.” I mumbled while shifting my gaze in between the two women in front of me.

“So . . . who is this?” Yumi asked while eyeing Chaeyoung before turning towards me. “Kookie, I’m totally disappointed with you right now. You said you rejected my advances towards you because you couldn’t move on from that particular woman. But here you are in a date with someone else. Tsk. You should have told me the truth instead.” She said while crossing her arms over her chest and shaking her head in dismay.

“Noona . . .” I was trying to explain when I got interrupted by Yumi’s teasing laughter.

“I’m just messing with you.” She chuckled. “It’s really good to see you, Jungkookie. See you around!”

She was wearing a smirk as she left after giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I was still in awe at Yumi’s bewildering actions when something hit my forehead. My eyes followed the crumpled piece of tissue that rolled on the floor. When I looked up, Chaeyoung was looking straight into my eyes. I gulped as I bravely looked back at her. She was looking unbothered while I was feeling out of breath at her beauty.

“I want my dessert now.” She said after breaking our eye contact.

“Sure. I’ll tell the waiter to serve us the . . .”

She interjected and spoke in a demanding tone.

“No, I don’t want to eat here any longer. Cancel that order and pay up. Let’s have dessert somewhere else.”

I looked at her confusingly when she raised her arm and called the waiter herself. With hesitation evident in my voice, I immediately told the waiter what Chaeyoung asked me to do. Then I faced her when the waiter went to get our bill. I wanted to ask her what was going on but she excused herself and went to the restroom. She took a while in there and came back when I was about to go after her.

“Are we ready to go?” She asked.

I knew I should be answering her question instead of looking dumbfounded while staring at her. But who could blame me when she stunned me with her look. Earlier, her hair was hanging loosely down her back. Now she had it tied in a ponytail with a few lose strands framing her face.

I already find her beautiful so she didn’t have to attack me every chance she gets.

“What?” She spat and woke me from my trance.