10 - oddly familiar

Chaeyoung’s POV

I went to church this morning and came back to my apartment right after. I didn’t have anything important to do so I stayed at my apartment for the rest of the day. I could have gone out to see Lisa, neither of the unnies because they were both busy today, but I did not want to take the risk. Knowing Lisa she would likely suggest doing anything fun and fun would mean going to the club or KTV for her.

Since both places served alcohol and I already learned my lesson, I promised not to be anywhere near alcohol and/or with Lisa for the time being. It would be my first day to work at EVE tomorrow so I wanted to be sure I would be appropriately ready for it. And being totally sober the night before was part of the preparation.

Also, my utmost reason for staying inside my apartment was because I was avoiding Jungkook.

Call me a coward but . . . Yeah, I am.

I barely slept last night because of our so-called date yesterday. It was spontaneous, not really my thing, but I was still having a hard time believing yesterday actually happened. Even after staring at the checkered mini dress that he bought for me, putting it on and never taking it off until it was time for me to wash up. I still thought that I was dreaming.

So when I woke up this morning and it dawned on me what occurred the other day, I almost stayed glued to my bed due to utter confusion. I couldn’t deny the happiness I felt to be in a date with Jungkook but it shoved me a couple of steps backward. Instead of moving on from him, I was only beginning to remember how I truly felt for him. Instead of leaving the past behind, including Jungkook and everything that tied me with him, Jungkook and I made some new memories the moment I landed back in Korea.

If I could list every noteworthy memory we shared for the past three days, I’d probably end up writing a short story. Because his every action and the things he said left an impression on me. In fact, just yesterday, he filled my head with vague and indirect ideas. But there was this one statement that left me dumbstruck.

You can be selfish all you want as long you’re selfish only with me. Be selfish with me. I really wouldn’t mind.

He couldn’t possibly mean what I think he meant, does he?

If I’d be honest with myself, I actually noticed Jungkook’s not so subtle hints about his feelings for me. From what I gathered so far, there’s a chance that he could be feeling the same way I was. But instead of feeling happy about that possibility, it was worrying me.

I was afraid that Jungkook was only stuck to what occurred between us seven years ago. He mentioned the past more than once, making me think that he was merely holding a grudge on me for leaving him hanging last time.

Seven years is quite long. He couldn’t have liked me the same way he did at that time, does he?

The fact that I could say the same to myself was exactly another reason why I was holding back.

A lot of things could have happened in a span of seven years and change must be one of it. So I thought that Jungkook and I should know what those changes were before we recognized what we truly felt for each other.

And this realization trapped me in my own apartment for the rest of the day. I knew I couldn’t face Jungkook anytime soon without gushing over how I thought he liked me as much I felt for him.

YES. Now I’m starting to accept that I might still like Jungkook the same way I did seven years ago.

It was not that easy to accept especially when I thought back to how hard I tried to move on from him back then. I was trying too hard that it made me quite impulsive for my liking.