9 - It's okay to be selfish.

1K reads already?! THANK YOU everyone. 💕

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Jungkook’s POV

Silence consumed me as Chaeyoung stared at me while waiting for me to answer her question.

Did I say it out loud?

Since I woke up this morning, I’ve been reciting a mantra in my head.

It’s okay to be selfish.

After what happened last night, I was set in making things happen the way I’ve always wanted to. I’d be Chaeyoung’s go-to-person whether she was thinking the same way or not. I’d be her bodyguard even though she didn’t ask me to. I’d be her best friend although I’m sure that neither of the girls would give in without trouble. But somehow I knew I could do it because there’s no way I’m letting her slip my fingers now. Seven years was more than enough hiccup to mine and Chaeyoung’s love story.

I was saying the mantra in my head when I felt the courage to go see Chaeyoung in the apartment next to mine. And I said it even louder when I saw her woke-up-like-this look. It was breathtaking. She looked gorgeous despite the way her brows were knotted in the middle when she opened the door.

The expressions on her face when I kept on teasing her were even better. She could barely contain the emotions on her face which was why I liked teasing her, next to the obvious reason that I liked her and wanted to always have a reason to be close to her.

I kept on saying the same mantra when I talked her into the date and when I was preparing for it. I took out half of my clothes from my wardrobe because I wanted to impress her so badly. I didn’t think it would take me that much time to prepare for an impromptu date. Good thing Chaeyoung took longer than I did or she’d most likely bail out before the date even started.

The mantra was helping to keep me calm the whole time until she asked me the question.

“You think I’m selfish, don’t you?”

I realized I didn’t say it out loud when I felt the dryness of my throat. I haven’t spoken a word since we started eating because I was afraid I’d say something not appropriate, yet. I already gave her dozens of hints about my feelings for her but it didn’t seem like she was catching it all. So I planned on being patient with her and wait for her to catch up with me. Then I would properly confess to her when I felt like it was time. For now, I’d be selfish and hoard all of her free time.

Did she mean the same thing I was feeling about being selfish? Because if she meant that she’d be selfish with me then I wouldn’t mind, not at all.

In the end, I decided to tease her by keeping quiet for a couple more seconds. Her lips were twitching in worry and anticipation.

Did she want to hear my answer that bad? Why?

I burst out laughing at her before I could help myself. But I realized that it was a wrong move when her face was beginning to turn red. At first I thought she was only blushing out of embarrassment or something. But the annoyance on her face was showing that it was definitely something else.

I swiftly stood up from my seat and rushed to her side. Crouching down to level with her, I spoke while looking directly on her eyes.

“Park . . .” I started to say before I gulped. And I wasn’t thinking when I added the words I said next. “You can be selfish all you want as long you’re selfish only with me. Be selfish with me. I really wouldn’t mind.”