36 - first interaction

Jungkook's dance practice finished an hour ago but he decided to stay longer to do more practice on his own. Feeling exhausted and hungry, thoughts of his mom's homemade food and his comfy bed at home occupied his mind. And due to exhaustion and pain all over his body, he painstakingly dragged his feet across the long hallway towards the exit. He was about a meter away from the closed doors when a set of painting materials rained down on him.

Annoyance instantly filled his head as he snapped his head towards the culprit. He was about to lash out at the person in front of him when the color red literally covered his sight. His hand quickly flew over his head and felt his anger rising the moment he realized that an unclean palette was sitting on top of his head.

"Aist! How could you be this clumsy and careless?" He screamed in frustration.

Not seeing the person's face due to the paint dripping down his forehead only made Jungkook feel more irritated by the minute.

"Let me help you clean up. I'm so..."

"Don't bother!" He interrupted, not willing to hear any explanation. Then he added his next statement without thinking clearly. "You might even do more harm than good."

"I'm really sorry. Please, let me help." The person softly begged while putting a hand over Jungkook's arm. "It's clearly my fault so it's only right . . ."

"Damn right, it is YOUR fault!" He angrily screamed while looking up to meet the other person's gaze.

Complete bewilderment and shame immediately overpowered Jungkook's emotion the moment he realized who was standing before him.

On the other hand, Chaeyoung kept on wishing for the ground to swallow her alive after causing the accident, especially when Jungkook looked at her straight in the eyes. The rage burning in his eyes was looking as clear as day. She was frightened and totally embarrassed with what she had done to the boy she admired.

If only she did not let her clumsiness and excitement overcame her the moment Jungkook's figure appeared at the foot of the stairs. If only she was able to help herself from feeling panicked every single time Jungkook caught her attention. If only the loud and fast beating of her heart did not distract her from being careful then she wouldn't be in that situation.

His loud gasp echoed around the empty hallway.

Jungkook tried to explain before he got interrupted, "I, uh . . ."

"I'm really, really, sorry. Forgive me and allow me to lend a hand in cleaning you up. Please, classmate."

Classmate? She doesn't even know my name?! Argh!

Did you actually say that out loud, Park Chaeyoung? How lame can you be?!

"Jeon Jungkook, that's my name." He whispered in an attempt to sound casual as he introduced himself.

Of course, I know! You are Jeon Jungkook, my ultimate crush. It was expected that I know your name, pet's name, favorite snacks, color, your motto in life, you name it . . .

Chaeyoung hesitantly grabbed his hand to shake it and reciprocated his self-introduction before getting herself more distracted.

"My name is Park Chaeyoung."

Park Chaeyoung, my longtime crush, my first love and last . . . I wish! You're the person who brightens up my day whenever I'm feeling down, the only girl that I wish I'd find the courage to talk to, and the girl of my dreams. Of course, I know you.