13 - more than okay

Chaeyoung's POV

I felt like stepping on a landmine the moment I realized what I just gotten myself into. The fact that Jungkook and Jaehyun were friends and the kind of friends that would check on each other when the other got hurt got me balled up. One wrong move and this mess would blow up on my face in no time. It was already perplexing to get entangled with two men at the same time. So knowing that the two men were good friends only added salt to injury.

"Chaeyoung here was just worrying too much." I heard Jaehyun explain.

How dare he call me Chaeyoung so casually?

I scrunched my face at him before I managed to utter an answer.

"It's a second-degree burn, Jaehyun-ssi. And it was still my fault which is only why I'm concerned."

As to why I'm explaining myself and sounding defensive, it's only because I don't want Jaehyun to misunderstand my concern towards him.

Yeah, right. It's for JAEHYUN not to misunderstand you.

Grr! Shut up self!

Why? You still don't want to admit it?

Admit what?

Oh, you know . . .

What?

You really want me to spell it out for you, huh?

NO, actually . . .

Own it. You said that so JUNGKOOK won't misunderstand the situation.

Oof!

After getting roasted by my alter ego, I looked up and found Jungkook looking uncomfortable as he stood beside his friend with his head down and both hands kept inside the pockets of his pants.

I wanted to greet him because I didn't want to ignore him and pretend as if we didn't know each other. But if I did, how am I supposed to explain how we both knew each other? On the other hand, now that I thought about it, he didn't say anything either.

I looked at him and noticed that he was avoiding my gaze.

Hmm.

I put Jaehyun's porridge aside and stood up from my seat.

"Um, I should go." I said before gathering my things quickly. "Jaehyun-ssi, I apologize in advance if that burn leaves a scar on your arm. Again, I'm sorry. Bye!"

I walked away without waiting for any of them to answer. I was hurrying to the exit, not minding my surroundings. I was just a couple of steps from the glass door when I nearly slipped and fell down on the floor. If not for the person who firmly held me up, my butt would have met its demise. My words of thanks were left hanging at the tip of my tongue after I came face to face with the person behind me.

Jungkook winked at me, "I got you!"

I scoffed at him and gently pushed him away. Then I beelined out the door.

"Park!" He called after me. "Hey!" He said after grabbing my arm and turned me around to face him.

"What do you want?" I barked.

"I'm sending you home." He calmly said.

I raised a brow and crossed my arms over my chest as I asked him.

"Oh! So we know each other now?"

He guiltily looked down and scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry, okay? I was only surprised. I didn't expect to see you there with . . . my friend."