Prologue

Marines are said to hold justice on their backs but that's not the case with all of them.

Monkey D. Garp was a powerful marine, feared by many. But, unknown by many, he had a big heart.

When he learned that he'd be leading a raid on a village, he never thought that it would be because of a little girl.

6 years old, can't even read, her whole life ahead of her. Any sane person would feel bad, feel remorse. Of course, the marines are made up of some nasty people, and that is something even Garp knew.

"Vice Admiral Garp!" A marine saluted. "Preparing raid!"

Garp nodded. "Yeah yeah, just do it."

The navy ship closed in on the small island. So small that it wasn't even put on the map. "It's probably why it took so long for the girl to be found." Vice Admiral Momonga had said at a meeting the day before.

But, even a Vice Admiral like Garp knew that it was cruel to kill a child. Especially when she has done nothing but be born.

Garp thought back to the meeting.

"So we assume it was a mutation with the mother's pregnancy." Kaizeruhige said. "Sources say that the mother ate a Devil Fruit without knowing she was pregnant, causing the child to gain natural powers."

"And what exactly would those powers be?" Tsuru placed her hands in her lap. "I don't get why we must go to the lengths of killing a child."

"This child,"  Momonga began. "is able to have any Devil Fruit power she desires. Endless amounts. Without dying."

"Who told you this?"

"One of our navy officers who used to live on the island." Sengoku lifted a paper. "He stated that the girl was able to make herself and things around her float without laying a finger on a Devil Fruit. She's too dangerous to be kept alive!"

Garp tsked. All this for a singular child? One that hasn't even hurt a soul?

He was the only one informed of the exact address, so he was the only one who went to the correct house while the other officers fought off protesting citizens.

So many people fighting for just one little girl. She must be something special. Or maybe, they had more morales than marines.

He walked up to a small house in the back of the town, the curtains drawn and the lights off. Plants lined the pathway leading to the front door, which was shut tight.

Garp walked along the pathway and up to the front door. Suddenly, a bullet flew past his face and shattered a window. "CAREFUL YOU BUFFOONS!!"

To his surprised, soon after he scolded his subordinates the door opened and he looked around to find the person who opened it. "Mister?" He looked down and met the face of a crying girl.

"M-mommy said that I shouldn't open the door but..." She grabbed his hand and pulled him inside. Her hand was so small in Garp's, her hands so soft that he was scared if he squeezed too hard they might break.

"My mommy... she fell." Garp's eyes widened once he saw what the little girl was pointing at.

A mother, probably not even 40 yet, dead on the ground, a bloody puddle growing underneath her. Garp glanced at the shattered window, then at the woman. She was probably hit.

"You're... a good guy, right?" The little girl asked him.

He looked down at the small girl. It fit the description. This. This was the child he was looking for.

But... he couldn't.

"Alright kid." He knelt down. "I can't help your mother anymore. She's dead."

The little girl's eyes welled with tears. "B-but she was fine earlier!" Garp stood up. "Look, it's not safe here. Stay in here and I'll come get you."

She reluctantly nodded and Garp left the house.

"Vice Admiral Garp! Were you able to eliminate the threat?" A marine asked. Garp shook his head. "No. It looks like the family ran as soon as they found out we were coming. The protesting people were a distraction."

"There was a body." Garp continued. "I checked it out and it looked like it was the mother. But the kid was nowhere to be found."

"They must've found out about it before we could get here. I don't understand how word gets around so fast."

Garp nodded. "For now, let's leave to see if she comes back." All the marines saluted and hopped onto the ship.

Now, who was this girl?

Well, her name was Y/N L/N, a girl born with the power to copy. And now, she was wanted for it.