The Incident

I got up, but in the process of leaving, I checked one last time. I shut my eyes and looked through Luffy's eyes, seeing that they were coming back.

I sat down on the pile of blankets Ace set up waited for them to come back. "Y/N! We're back!"

"Ace... what happened to Sabo?"

He froze. "How do you...?" I shook my head, bringing my knees to my chest. "Never mind that for now, what about you? You were gone way longer than you should've been."

"The Bluejam pirates made us do their work." Luffy said, making Ace slap the back of his head. "I told you not to talk about it!"

I patted the area next to me. "Luffy, just get to bed." He lied down and dozed off after a few minutes.

Ace sighed and lied down next to me, about a foot away. "Is Luffy still awake?" I looked over and blew on his cheek, Luffy simply turning over. "No, he's asleep."

Ace crawled closer to me. "Did you mean what you said...?" I turned towards him. "Huh?"

"About me being a demon child."

It took me a moment to recall that day.

"I don't think your a demon child. Whatever made people think that... doesn't matter. Because it's probably in the past."

"Of course I did." I coughed, but smiled. "I didn't know you at the time, so I couldn't judge you based on what others said. Now I know that you're nothing of the sort."

He looked away. "You should rest. You're still sick after all." I crawled over to Ace and leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm not sleeping until you do. I can't really breath too well anyways."

Ace stared at me and sighed. "Alright..."

•••

"Y/N." Ace shook my shoulder as my eyes slowly opened, though my eyelids still felt heavy. "Mmh... huh?"

"We have to go."

I held his arm. "Be careful." Ace nodded and both him and Luffy went off. "Wait." Ace walked up to me and put a blanket around me. "The moment anyone other than us comes, you better bolt, got it?"

"Right."

Him and Luffy left, and Luffy grinned. "You like her!" Ace slapped the back of his head. "You say that again, I will throw you into a lake."

They got to where Bluejam and his crew was, but Ace had a question. "Hey, what was that cargo that we were carrying yesterday?"

"Gunpowder."

The two froze. "What? What are you planning on doing with it?" Luffy questioned.

"We need to burn Trash Mountain."

"WHY WOULD YOU BURN TRASH MOUNTAIN?!"

Bluejam ordered his men to hold them down, but there was a certain connection that the two had that he didn't know about.

I opened my eyes, pulling off my blanket. "They need help..." I dashed out of the hideout and went to the only place that had somewhat trusted people.

"DADAN!!"

Her and the other mountain bandits turned and saw me panting, my cheeks and forehead reddened from being sick, and a blanket around my shoulders. "Y/N?! What's wrong?"

I pointed towards Trash Mountain, which was already glowing orange from the flames. "No, ACE! LUFFY!"

I ran off before Dadan and the other mountain bandits could even process what was happening. My blanket fell from my shoulders as I maneuvered through the forest, sprinting towards Trash Mountain.