Finally Free

"Luffy, the..!"

"Yeah, I know!" He dug into his pocket and pulled out the small key that was given to him by Hancock. While he fidgeted with it behind Ace, I looked up at Sengoku.

The Fleet Admiral, able to give orders to even the 'invincible' admirals.

"Y/N, your face looks—"

"Oh, it's nothing, just don't freaking look up."

Before my eyes, Sengoku turned to this elaborate gold giant, shining across the island like the sun.

"Oh no, the key!" I looked down at Luffy, seeing that the key seemed to have been shot in half. I looked down from the scaffold to see that Kizaru was now out of the stone encasing that I had put him in not long ago.

I don't think he's too happy that I did that.

"Mugiwara no Luffy!" Sengoku stood up tall, his fist clenched. "All three of you are serious criminals who should be punished by death! So, I will execute you right now!"

Wait, why didn't he address me?!

"Y/N, stay near me!" Ace ordered as if I was the one in chains. "Ace, are you cr—?"

"Ugh... what happened?"

Ace, Luffy, and I looked down at one of the executioners to see that it was quite the familiar sight.

"S-San?" Luffy questioned. "What are you doing here?"

We all were alerted by the glowing gold being behind us, and instinctively, yes, I did stay close to Ace.

"What is that?!" Mr. 3 questioned with a shriek.

I held my hand in a fist and gently pushed Luffy closer to Ace. "Mr. 3, would you mind making a wax wall over the three of you?"

"Wait, what about you?!" Ace asked, leaning towards me since he really couldn't do anything else.

"I'm doing what I promised and protecting you."

"Wait, Y/N—!" Before either Ace or Luffy could finish their sentence, Mr. 3 put a wax covering over them as Sengoku's fist came inches away from mine.

Oyaji's Devil Fruit was always really powerful, huh?

The scaffold cracked from the pressure of Sengoku's punch, and the punch I used to protect us from him. And finally, it did.

"Y/N!" Ace called out once it broke.

Gosh, using Oyaji's power for longer than a few seconds is incredibly tiring.

"I'll make a key so you can undo his cuffs!" Mr. 3 made a blob of wax appear in his palm, slowly morphing into the duplicate of the key we had before. "If I told you that I'm here out of respect of my late comrade, would you laugh?!"

Luffy and I looked at each other, knowing full well who he was talking about. "No, we won't!" Only Luffy could yell it, but I'm sure Mr. 3 got the hint.

"Y/N, can't you fly?!" Luffy questioned while he struggled with the key.

I couldn't do anymore than shake my head. Oyaji's power required a lot of concentration and strength, with me really only having a quarter of that equation. So naturally, it felt like I had just run fifty miles with an hour of sleep in a week.

Hundreds of cannonballs were shot at us upon the key entering the keyhole, but I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around me.

"I told you to limit your use of Oyaji's Devil Fruit, babe...." He sighed, shooting a tunnel through the cloud of smoke. "Neither of you like listening to me, huh?"

———————————————————————
San - Three