Arrested

As I made my way back, I planned to stop by an island where I knew someone had the Suke Suke No Mi.

When I got there, it looked like something out of some horror book, with graveyards everywhere, and a big dark castle.

"Wait.. is that...?" I squinted at a ship that was docked at the island. It looked a bit like an updated Going Merry, the name of Luffy's ship. At least, he said that was the name of his ship.

But this one looked a bit different. The front looked like a sun, if you looked at it right.

Curious, I slowly lowered down, and caught a glimpse of Usopp and Chopper on the deck.

"Oh, so it is their ship!"

I glanced at my bag, placed over my sword and swung around my shoulder. I'm pretty sure I had meat in there... maybe I'd drop it off.

I landed on the ship's top deck and heard Usopp say from inside, "There's a beautiful lady swordsman who's come with some meat!"

What?

Slowly approaching the door, I saw Sanji, Zoro, and slowly rise up from the floor.

"Usopp."

"EEK!!" With a loud shriek, he jumped up, practically clinging onto the ceiling.

"Calm down, Usopp, it's just me."

"Y/N!!" Luffy ran over to me, but instead of a hug, he began sniffing my bag. "Is there meat in here?" I took it off and left it for Luffy to dig through.

I looked up at the two strangers that were on the ship, who I assume were recruited after Ace and I left. "Hello! I'm a friend of Luffy's."

The two waved. "Oh, I know you." The girl with black hair and blue eyes said. "You're Y/N L/N, right? The one who can copy powers?"

I nodded. "That's right... How'd you know?"

"I've seen it on the newspaper. My name is Nico Robin." She outstretched her hand, which I shook, and I felt a power enter inside me. "Oh, you have a Devil Fruit power?"

"Why yes, I do."

"What's it ca—"

"MEAT!!" Robin and I looked over at Luffy as he wolfed down some meat that I had brought.

"I hope he hasn't been any sort of bother." I said to her. "What's your Devil Fruit called?"

"The Hana Hana No Mi."

"So... you make things... grow...?"

She shook her head, a charming smile on her face. "Here, I'll show you." She crossed her arms across her chest.

"Dos Fleur: Clutch"

Two arms appeared under me and grabbed I ankles, making me fall back into Luffy. "That's awesome!" I knelt down, looking at the now waving hands. "Can you only do ha— Oh, maybe you're tired of talking about it."

Robin chuckled; it reminded me of when I was asking Marco about his Devil Fruit.

"It's not a bother at all. It's quite nice that someone's so interested."

Usopp walk up to the large guy with sunglasses. "This is Franky! He's our new shipwright!"

I walked up to his and clutched his fingers. "Your hands feel a bit like metal."

"That's because I'm a cyborg!"

My eyes sparkled and Sanji sighed, leaning on the ship's wall. "They seem related to Luffy, sometimes. So, Y/N, what brings you here?"

I looked up from Franky's built in weapons. "O-Oh, right, I know someone here has the Suke Suke No Mi, and I— Where's Nami?"

Sanji brooded and slouched. "She was taken by the person you're looking for. You can come with me if you want."

"Wait, does that mean Ace is here?" Luffy asked, his mouth still full. I shook my head. "Ace sent me back since it was getting dangerous, so I'm actually on my way back. I just happened to find your ship here. Speaking of, wasn't the thing at the front white before? It looks like a sun now."

Usopp nodded. "Yeah... but it was unfit for sail. You can see what it turned into, though!"

Somehow, I was pulled into a tour of the ship. "This is the aquarium." I tilted my head. "A shark?"

"Yeah... there were other fish, but it ate them."

"What did you think would happen?"

Franky stood by my side, explaining what everything was and what they did, including the different gadgets and stuff stored around the ship.

"So it's called the Sunny now?"

"Yeah." I smiled and looked around. "In any case, I'll have to leave now, but if you ever need any help, Luffy or Robin can make their Devil Fruit power go off on me. See you around!"

I looked at the eerie castle on the island, my instincts telling me not to get near it. "Oh well..."

As I made my way off the island, in the direction I knew the Moby Dick was, my left hand starting getting really hot, then it burst into flames. "W-What the-?"

I shook my hand as if the flame would go out that way until I stopped and stared at the small ambers radiating from the fire.

"You know how I told you that you could make your Devil Fruit Power go off on me if you try hard enough? Do that when you're in trouble."

My face went pale as I nearly fell out of the air. "N-No, ACE!!" I shot through the air as fast as I could, Marco's Devil Fruit power starting to take over until I was but a Phoenix soaring through the sky.

When I looked through his eyes, all I saw was a marine ship and then darkness. I can only see through their eyes when they're able to use their Devil Fruit power, so that means...

Not even bothering to properly land, I stumbled onto the island Ace was when I looked through his eyes last. "Ace?!"

Silence.

I looked around the island, looking for even the possibility that Ace may still be here.

Burnt wood.

Destroyed buildings.

Disturbed dirt.

Then, I saw something that confirmed... he's not here anymore. No one is.

"No..." I knelt down and picked up Ace's hat, still un-burnt, but ripped just off the edge. Slowly, I brought the hat to my chest as silent tears streamed down my face.

Why'd I leave? I could've protected him.

I pushed off the ground, making my way back to the Moby Dick in a panic. By panic, I mean not even flying in a straight line, a bird occasionally yelling at me... I think, and nearly falling into the sea.

Eventually, I saw the large ship in the distance just as I was running out of energy.

"Oyaji!!" I fell onto deck, making the entire crew turn their heads.

"Y-Y/N?" Marco knelt down and pulled me up by the arm, but I immediately grabbed him by the shoulders. "Ace, he— The marines! I should've—!" I suddenly fell to my knees and fell onto the deck.

———————————————————————
Suke Suke no Mi - Clear Clear Fruit

Hana Hana no Mi - Flower Flower Fruit; Bloom Bloom Fruit

Shichibukai - Seven Warlords of the Sea

Oyaji - Old Man; Father