CP0

I held my fist at Kaido's weapon, the air cracking at my knuckles as I still felt Oyaji's string clutched in my hand. If it weren't a dream, if it were truly a vision of what went on as I activated my power, then I could still feel it. A little glow in my fist.

Oyaji's glow.

The darkness painting my skin began to pale, seeming to glow like the strings for my strongest bonds.

"I haven't felt a power like that in years..." Kaido said as I pushed him back.

I shook my hand, letting go of that 'string' I held. "Neither have I. Feels good, huh?"

Yamato's eyes brightened in a way similar to how he did when he first saw me. Oyaji was a close friend to Oden after all. I could see why he would get excited over it. He always said that he was Oden. Oyaji was one of his best friends. They were brothers.

I stared at my hands, no longer feeling the pain of the night-like complexion that once covered them. My power isn't a curse, I kept telling myself as the pain qualms. Because it wasn't.

Forged by bonds, with every little heart string representing a person in my life. It was, quite literally, the power of friendship. "Oh my gosh." I slapped my hand over my mouth when I realized it. "That's genius!"

"What is?"

I let out a dry laugh, patting Yamato's shoulder. "When you go out to sea, Luffy will show you the ropes. Rule number one: you never question me. Not because I'm scary but because I probably don't know the answer to your question anyways. But, for now," I punched into my palm. "let's kick some ass."

"Alright!"

"Luffy?"

His wide grin appeared on his face. "Let's do this. Yamao! Help out Momonosuke!"

"On it!"

I held out my hand. "Ace, Oyaji." Two glowing string appeared in my palm, circling around each other. "Give them some cover?"

They sank into my palm and I pulled back my fist.

"Hiken!"

A fist of fire shot from my hand and punched the ground, making it crack like when Oyaji used his power. Dust and smoke clouded in the air and I smirked. "Nice."

Momonosuke and Yamato disappeared behind the cover of smoke and dust, allowing them to go and help Onigashima.

I closed my eyes, seeing through Yamato's eyes. "Luffy, remind me to ask Momonosuke for a ride after this." I said once I came back.

"You won't leave here alive!" Kaido's kanabo swung at me but Luffy picked me up and pulled me out of harm's way. He let me go and I stepped over his shoulder. I was imagining that scorched but glowing string.

I would definitely leave here alive. I need to ask him questions.

My fist cracked the air and sent both Kaido and I flying back. Luffy caught me but Kaido crashed into the ground beneath him.

"Hey, did I accidentally burn something?" I asked.

Luffy looked around. "No, I don't see anything."

"I smell smoke... Luffy, cover me." I closed my eyes, my sight darting from person to person.

My eyes opened and I called to Luffy, "The castle's on fire! It's on its way to the armoury! Yamato's on his way towards it!"

"The fire or the armoury?"

"Yeah, cuz he's just gonna walk into fire, right?!" I shook my head. "If the fire gets there, it'll burn all the weapons!"

"But I can punch and kick."