How Your Power Works

So, before we get to the "Save Ace and Luffy" kind of thing, I'll just be answering questions people may have in the future.

How does it work?
So, you can copy people when touch them or they touch you. You gain an idea of how it works, and it builds up from there.

How did you find Luffy?
Now, when you copy someone's power, you gain somewhat of a connection to them. If you wish to do so, you can temporarily see through their eyes for 10-15 seconds, as well as know their exact location (but that's later in the story). If the person you copied the power from were to die, you wouldn't be able to use the power anymore.

Does having a Devil Fruit power affect you in the same way?
You can still swim. You never consumed a Devil Fruit, therefore meaning that the power doesn't affect you the same. However, you can't use any copied Devil Fruit Powers when you have Sea Prism stones.

What is the extent of your copying ability?
Well, you can copy a mermaids tail, or a fishman's strength, but you can't copy it until the person dies like with Devil Fruit powers. You just have it forever.

What if you copied something like a Zoan or Logia Fruit? Would your body be like that forever?
When you copy any sort of power, it's only activated when you want it to be. So let's say you copy a mermaid's tail. Your legs will only be a tail if you want them to be a tail.

What happens when you copy someone's power?
Well, you only learn the basics of it. Take Luffy for example. You copied his Gum Gum Fruit power, but you can only stretch your arms and legs. Luffy will have to teach you personally on how to do things like Gum Gum Stamp, etc.

Can you copy artificial Devil Fruits too?
You CAN copy artificial Devil Fruit powers. But, the circumstances are different. Since they're artificial, if the person were to die, you'd still have it. So let's say you copy Momonosuke's power. If he were to die (I pray that he doesn't), then you would still have his power because it is artificial.

Can you take/give powers?
The answer is that you can give, but not take. When you give someone a power, not only will you not have it anymore, but there's also a lot of things you have to go through. First, you need permission from the original user (or you and the person you're trying to give it to Will die) and you need permission from the person you are giving it to (which has similar results, but it's just you dying). AND there is a chance that whoever you give it to will explode. Like how with One For All, if it were transferred to someone that didn't have a strong enough body, they'd explode. So it's best just to not do that.

How are you affected by Devil Fruit Powers (Hobi Hobi Fruit, Yami Yami Fruit, etc)?
In theory, the Yami Yami fruit (Dark Dark Fruit) is supposed to attract those with Devil Fruit powers. BUT if you didn't have one activated at that moment, Sir I-Don't-Got-No-Fans can't pull you towards him. With the powers that change your appearance, like the Hobi Hobi Fruit (Hobby Hobby Fruit), rather than you getting changed, you actually gain the power, ironically. This is because of the way your power works. But, if you remember, with the Hobi Hobi Fruit, all memory of the toy turned person is erased. Is that the case with you as well? No. Now that you have the power, you are affected the same way as the person who originally had it.

Can you get rid of a Devil Fruit Power if you don't want it?
No. It's the same way that a Devil Fruit user can't get rid of their power once the fruit is consumed.

I... think that's all? If you do have more questioned, just ask :)