Sabo

The next day, I saw Ace walk into the forest... and what do you know, Luffy followed.

Day after day, Luffy followed and came back telling me he was chased by a crocodile, ran from a landslide, almost suffocated by a snake, everything.

One day, I decided I'd follow Ace as well.

I saw the path Luffy was taking, and then glanced at Ace. He seemed to be taking higher ground, so I did too. And up in a tree I went.

I followed the freckled boy through the forest, noticing all the dangerous things in his path. "He really didn't want anyone to follow, huh?"

Finally, he arrived at the garbage dump I found before. But he went further, to the wall. Again.

He returned not long after with a stack of berries, dropping one. I jumped down and grabbed it, watching him walk towards the forest again.

Unknown to him, I followed him, hiding behind different tree trunks. Soon enough, he came to a large tree.

He climbed up the tree, and sat at the top. He seemed to be talking to someone.

"Ace."

His eyes widened and he looked down, along with another person. "Who's that?" The other person asked.

"You dropped this."

The two stared at me as I held up the berry. "Don't you want it?"

The boy in the top hat looked at Ace. "That's not the Luffy you were talking about, right?" Ace shook his head.

"Just leave her. She's not a nuisance or anything."

I couldn't hear a thing they were saying, but I lifted the berry and made it float towards them. "Here."

It hovered at the same level and I walked away. "Hold on!" I stopped and looked up.

Ace jumped down from the tree. "Don't tell Luffy about this place." I nodded and chuckled.

"Even if I don't tell him, he'll probably find out eventually." I looked at the sun. "Anyways, I'll head back now."

As I walked away, the top hat boy jumped down. "So who's she?" Ace crossed his arms. "No one."

"You made it seem like you were friends or something."

"Shut up, Sabo!"

"You're not denying it."

Meanwhile, I just got back to the house and saw Luffy being bandaged up again. "Oh, hey Y/N! You didn't happen to see Ace on your way back, did you?"

I shook my head. "Sorry Luffy. I didn't see anyone."

He sighed. "Can't he just be my friend?!" I chuckled again. "Don't worry, he'll come around."

A few days later, I saw Luffy follow Ace into the forest again. "I warned him." I muttered, walking inside.

While I was doing chores, Luffy managed to make it through the forest and find Sabo and Ace's secret spot.

"Wow! You got more money than I did!" Sabo exclaimed. "Where'd you get it?"

"By the main gates. I stole it from some street guys."

Sabo smiled, satisfied. "You beat me again, huh?" Ace scoffed. "Who's cares? We've been saving up to become pirates for 5 years!"

"I wonder how much a pirate ship costs." Sabo said. "It could be tens or even hundreds of millions." Ace answered. "Close that up before someone sees it."

"A PIRATE SHIP?!" They heard from the bottom of the tree. "YOU GUYS WANNA BE PIRATES? ME TOO!"

And that's how Luffy ended up being tied to a tree.