The One Called Oji-chan

My comrades ran into the plaza while I searched for Luffy in the vast crowd.

Admirals, vice-admirals, navy soldiers, they all showed up at every turn.

Until I saw Luffy. Just a glimpse of him passed Kizaru, sprawled out on the ground.

"Room!" And as I ran, "Shambles!" I switched with Luffy and took the kick. I flew back and landed in Oyaji's chest, him lifting me up with a singular hand.

"You're quite reckless when it comes to people you care about."

"Been like that for years, Oyaji." He gently put me down and I took off the clasp of my bag. "Shambles." And Luffy landed in my grasp.

"Straw Boy!" I looked up at the encircling walls, seeing Ivankov and Jinbei... mainly Ivankov, though, since his head was absolutely humongous. "Ah, he's okay!"

And... there he goes.

"I-Ivankov, are you alright?" I put my hand over my mouth, gently placing Luffy with my crew mates. "Take care of him... and if you don't, I'm not cooking for you anymore." I looked down at Ivankov, not entirely sure if he was okay or not.

Oyaji walked forward, raising his spear. "Those of you who want to die, come forward!"

I flew passed him, hearing his spear come in contact with something—or rather someone. "Akainu...?" I questioned once I looked back.

I can't focus on that right now.

"Enkai!"

The navy soldiers were pushed back, but their shadows seemed to change directions and I looked at the sky. "Marco!"

His blue flames illuminated the sky as he made his way to the scaffold. Hundreds of bullets shot at him but went straight through, but that... wasn't the problem.

A vice admiral jumped up and, "MARCO!!" I flew up and caught him just after he was punched across the face by none other than... Garp.

"Marco, are you okay? Marco!" I gently shook him once we landed on the ground, his body limp for a moment before he looked up at the scaffold.

I've been part of the Whitebeards for years, and I have never—and I mean never—seen a wound on Marco. "S-Sorry... I shouldn't have... my little sister... looking down at me."

"Don't be an idiot." I scoffed, standing up with my hand outstretched to him. "Everyone's bound to look like that after a punch from Oji-chan."

"You still call him that?"

"Hey, I don't know why either."

I looked back at the scaffold, knowing full well that if Marco couldn't get there, then I sure as heck can't either.

"What about Mugiwara?"

I looked back at the people gathering around him and looked down. "He's not doing too well."

It didn't really show on my face, but I noticed something as those blade nearly hit Ace's neck: he didn't flinch. It was like... he was just going to accept it.

...

"Ace?" I tilted my head when I saw the small freckled boy seated on a rock. He was staring out into the ocean, but I had this strange feeling he wasn't here for the view.

"Are you alright?" I put down the basket of laundry and sat next to him. "Shouldn't you be helping Dadan?"

"Only when I feel like it."