Chapter 47

A few minutes later, everyone was wearing their suits. Luckily, Clint reminded Freya to take a suit of hers with her so she would have something and now she felt a little comfort being in the familiar leather suit.

They all split up, Freya going with Steve and Scott - who disappeared a few seconds later. At first, she thought he could go invisible, but then she realised: Ant-Man. He was so tiny that she could barely see him on Steve's shield, his suit giving him the ability to shrink to the size of an ant.

Steve and Freya stopped when they got out to the airport and saw Tony and Rhodey flying towards them. They landed in front of them and Tony turned around to Rhodes. "Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport." He made his helmet disappear and Freya saw several wounds on his face. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird", Rhodey answered.

"Hear me out, Tony", Steve said. "The doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

All of a sudden, someone in a black cat suit - panther suit - jumped to them and landed softly next to Tony. T'Challa, Freya remembered from Steve's short explanation of what happened.

"Captain", T'Challa said.

"Your highness", Steve answered and Freya bowed her head a little, not knowing how to react.

"Anyways", Tony continues. "Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guys", Steve replied.

"Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him", Steve threw back. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve", a voice to Freya's right said and she turned around. The necklace around her neck suddenly weighed several pounds as she looked at Natasha, and the real wings on her back twitched a little.

"Nat", she whispered, barely audible, but she knew that Natasha heard her. For a second, she looked in Freya's direction, but she immediately turned to Steve again.

"You know what's about to happen", she said. "You really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

For a second, no one said anything, until Tony said: "All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!"

From somewhere behind them, a person in a skintight red suit jumped towards them and with something that looked like white strings, they took Steve's shield from his hands, tied his hands together, and landed on a truck nearby, the shield now in their hands. And when Freya saw the spider on the suit of the person, she realised that it wasn't white strings: It was spider silk.

"Nice job, kid", Tony said.

"Thanks", the person answered and only now Freya realised that the person was a boy, just a teenager by the sound of it. "I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just the new suit - it's nothing Mr Stark, it's nothing, it's perfect, thank you", he quickly added and gestured with his hands and Freya couldn't help but like that kid.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation", Tony said.

"Okay." The kid saluted. "Cap. Captain. Big Fan. Spider-Man." He waved into the round. "Hey everyone."

"You recruiting kids now?", Freya asked.

"You've been busy", Steve added.

"And you've been a complete idiot", Tony told Steve. "Dragging in Clint. Rescuing Wanda and Freya from a place they didn't even want to leave, a safe place."