Chapter 64

i am very very sorry for not updating for so long, i just have been very stressed and my mental health has also not been the best lately, but i really wanted to give you a new chapter.

this isn't what my chapters usually look like, it's a lot lighter, but anyways, enjoy this little happier chapter :)

-----------------------------

The day came faster than Freya would have hoped. And when she woke up in the morning that day, she already felt an unease stirring in her, the memories of that day a year ago still haunting her, awake and asleep.

She had already made a plan for this day, something to get herself and Natasha away from these memories, from the ghosts roaming through the Compound, though they also planned to remember everyone who gave their life. Steve and Rhodey would come over for breakfast and together they would light some candles for all their friends and family (Freya had asked Carol if she wanted to come as well, but she said she had stuff to do away from Earth). After, when the boys left again, Freya and Nat would go out to Central Park where there would be small amusement park with games to play. And in the evening, they would do a Harry Potter Movie Marathon (at least as far as they could stay awake).

That was the plan. And Freya hoped that it would work out.

Natasha knew only the part about the breakfast, the rest was supposed to be a surprise.

Let's see if it's a good surprise, Freya thought as she leaned over to Natasha's side of the bed, kissing her shoulder that peaked out of the blanket. Natasha stirred underneath, a small groan escaping her.

"Hey darling, we need to get ready", Freya whispered and slid up to Natasha's ear. "Steve and Rhodey are probably already on their way."

Suddenly, the truth of what day was today seemed to hit Natasha like a truck. She didn't move, even though Freya saw that her eyes were open. "Okay", Natasha finally said and sat up, stretching her arms. She gave Freya a kiss and smiled, and Freya saw that she tried to make it look effortlessly, that she tried to hide what she was feeling. "But I will shower first."

Freya got closer to Natasha's face again and smiled back at her. "Why don't we shower together?"

Her eyebrows raised, Natasha shot her a sly grin. "Yes, I like that idea."

While standing up, she grabbed Freya's hand, who, half tripping, half walking, followed her into the bathroom, determined to not let her memories ruin this day.

An hour later, they sat at the dining table in the living area of the Compound, Steve and Rhodes as well. It wasn't as awkward as Freya feared it would be, they all talked about what was going on in their lives. Steve told them about his idea of opening a small therapy group for people that need help adjusting to life after the Blip, which is what many now called the Snap.

Rhodey talked about what he was currently doing, missions for the government everywhere around the world to help rebuild societies that suffered the most.

"You're all doing such great things", Natasha said, sipping her coffee. "And were just sitting here, doing absolutely nothing."

Freya looked down. She had thought about that as well. She had thought about going out there in the world and helping others, but she just wasn't ready.

"You're not doing nothing, Natasha", Steve answered, placing his hand on Nat's shoulder. "You're resting. You're healing. That's also important."

"That's just the therapist speaking right now", Natasha answered and grinned.