Chapter 18

I wake up to a heart beat, Lokis to be precise, my head resting against his cold chest. There's a loose hair strand resting on his face so I push it back to where it was, accidentally waking him up.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Loki smiles at me tiredly. "It's quite alright, kitten. Besides I should be getting up anyways there adding new books to the public library." I tilt my head in confusion. "Can you not just go to the royal library? It has all the books I think you would like."

"It does, but I like having something to look forward to." Loki says getting out of his bed. I really don't wanna bring this up, but I can't stop thinking about it.

"How are we going to tell Odin, Frigga and Thor about us?" Loki turns around to face me, while getting dressed. "I know mother won't mind, Odin will probably think I'm too good for you or that you're too good for me and Thor... I don't know. He'll probably think you broke it off just so we could be together, and most likely he will beat me up."

I get up to hug Loki, I put my arms around his waist and he puts his arms around my shoulders, I know this will be hard, but we can make it through this. "How about we go to the library together and I'll arrange for a dinner tonight to tell them."

"...Okay, let me just go get dressed." I say walking into Lokis bathroom, after giving him a kiss on the cheek.

~~~
Loki and I walk into the public library. "I haven't been here since Odin's men told me I had to marry Thor, I just read in the royal library." I say taking in the sight of some slaves unpacking boxes full of books while children bounce up and down to read the new books and the adults looking very forward to reading a new book.

"Yes, Thor was quite the romantic when it came to proposals." Loki says sarcastically. Loki and I walk up to a shelf that was just stocked with brand new books, while we're picking what book we would like and little girl comes over and starts jumping for a book a couple shelfs taller than her.

"Hey, little girl do you need help with that?" Loki says walking over to her. "Yes please, I want The Tempest please." Loki grabs the book and crouches down to give it to her."Shakespeare, good choice. You must be a smart little girl to be able to read that." The little girl smiles and starts to giggle. "Thank you! I really was excited for this book!" "Well I hope enjoy it. And here is something a little extra." Loki pulls out a teddy bear from thin air and hands it to her. "Thank you! Oh! Thank you!" The little girl jumps up and down and gives Loki a hug before running off.

"Loki, I never knew you were so good with children." Loki blushes at the compliment, he looks so cute when he blushes. "Well thank you Y/n, but we should really pick our books before they're all taken." I laugh at Lokis flustered state and start looking for a book.

A couple hours later Loki and I are on our third book when a guard comes over to us. "Sir Loki, lady Y/n. Your dinner is ready in the palace, come whenever you're ready." Loki and I look at eachother, before looking back at the guard.

Well... Here goes nothing.

There's only like 2 more chapters left. AHHHHHH
-Keira 🥰