🎡 Minodie Bakerville DRAFT

12 juin 2021: The big draft

Minodie Bakerville's point of view.

She fell in love with Isidor. Her motive during the whole story is her love for him. She knows he likes her riddles, and she wanted to try something big. This is her gift for him. She's clumsy with words, and she wanted to do something.

She "stole" the moon of Balloontown. Even during the clearest night, the moon is nowhere in sight. She declared anonymously that whoever solve the riddle of the dissapearing moon will be able to retrive it.

This makes a lot of noise, and lots of different people are coming in town to solve the riddle. Some aren't very good people, like the trio of chaos

Isidor will solve the riddle, bring the trio down and catch Minodie. She was planning on watching him from a distance, but she got caught. She anticipated that he would figure her out and run after her, so she putted traps for her exit. However, he manage to catch her anyway, because he planned, that she planned, that he planned, that she planned that ect...

She's embarrassed, and they laugh together. He ask her if she want to go on adventure with him next time. She blushes and say yes.

The end.

■■■

13 juin 2021: moom brainstorm

Minodie's trick to make the moon dissapear:
-Place a dark pannel/plank in the sky
-Have an entire fake sky
-drug the people to sleep on clear nights
-have a constant mist that makes it impossible to look at the sky
-they are in a simulation/computer
-They are underground at night 🍭
-they are underground during clear night.
-the architecture of the town is special, and purposely made to hid the moon
- She tricked the people in town to call the moon a star, and that the moon is an even bigger planet that isn't visible in this town

Minodie's trick to make the sun/day dissapear:
-Same arguments than above.
-they are underground the day. There are little holes that makes it look like stars 🍭

Developpement of the sun underground theory:
They have to use the train/(pinball?)
to go in town. It goes under the mountains, and when you arrive in the town downstream, it's night, and the sky is starry with a moon.
The town is pretty isolated, so the ones next to it aren't affected by the constant night.

When it's really the night, the town emerge. So when you try to feel it's there's a roof, you can't, because there's none anymore

■■■

3 juillet 2021: résumé

Isidore received a scoop from Minodie. She wrote him a letter, about a cursed harp. That harp lies in balloonville. Apparently, whoever touch that harp will lose their mind and turn into demons. 

Isidore go investigate, he leaves his home from windmill village, goes through the pinball highway, and arrive at balloonville. He find the police station where the harp is kept. The detective Rodion shoo him away, not wanting any other civilans going crazy. Isidore tell him he wants to help, and he has some informations. He tell the inspector to let him investigate, and he will reveal the info. Rodion is angry and ask about the info. Isidore refuse, and gets thrown out of the police station. He is escorted by a young new recruit, and once they are outside, he asks him that the deal is valid for him too.

The young man is shy and hesitate. Isidore tell him that he would be really praised by his superior if he found a new clue. He is impressed and accept. He introduce himself. His name is Clice Gatosky, and he just graduated from the police school one year ago. 

Clice tell Isidore that out of the 6 last people who touched the harp, they all went crazy and one person even died on accident. It belonged to the rich earl of the town. He was basically the one who took care of the whole village. One day, he felt really sad. He was remembering his dead wife. She use to play the harp. He asked his butler to clean the instrument and put it to a place where he could see it everyday. His butler obeyed. He cleaned and put the harp in the living room.

The day after, the earl and the butler went crazy. They began to talk about how they could travel in the past and in the future. They still claim it to this day and nobody can reason with them.

The other four unfortunate souls who touched that harp are telling they can see ghosts. One of them even claimed they saw the late wife of the earl. He is the one who accidentaly fell into the river and died.

After that talk,  Isidore decide that seeing the harp itself is a priority, and after that, seeing the crazy people, and maybe the mansion the harp was in originally.

Isidore asks Clice if he there is any way he can see the harp. Clice hesitate and tell him that he could maybe lend him his police uniform, if he promise to tell no one. Isidore accept and they go back to the police station. Despite letting Isidore in the room where the harp is, Clice doesn't allow Isidore to touch the harp. It is in a glass box, so even if he wanted, he'd have to break the glass. Isidore investigate the harp and sees a name on it, "Isilda". Clice says it's the name of the earl's late wife. He also see some scratch on the wood. It looks like it was made by someone's nails. he doesn't see anything else. Inspector Rodion enters the room and immediately recognize Isidore. He's furax and run after him. Isidore run outside and hide. It doesn't seem like Rodion noticed Clice, so he should be safe. Isidore meet Clice at his home and give him his uniform back and thank him. Clice is really anxious about what happend, but he really wasn't caught. He tell Isidore he won't help him anymore and apologize profusely. Isidore laugh gleefully and thank him. He asks him if there is a hotel around, and Clice gives him the direction to the closest hotel. After Isidore leave, Clice just rememebered that he did all that for the info and panics. He decide to go search for him tomorrow

Isidore finds the hotel and meet Ursula, the daughter of the hotel owner.

The day after he wakes up very early and see Ursula again. She asks him where he's going, and he tells her he's going to see the earl. She's surprised and run somewhere and comes back with an umbrella. She tells him to give him this. He kindly lend her the umbrella once, and she never returned it.

Isidore go at the earl's mansion.

He's welcomed by a maid. He goes inside and meet the earl. He's been told by many that he was a really kind man, who was broken by his wife's death.