7

draco malfoy

I walk around in the lonely corridors of hogwarts. lovegood was right, I am cruel. but she's also wrong. there's no good inside of me.

my dad raised me to be a nasty filthy person like him. he left me and my mom after the war to run away from life. he probably killed himself, or is in azkaban. either way, I don't care.

but even without him, there are some people that I would hate. for instance, potter. nowadays all he wants is fame. fame, and credit.

i am also so very sick of ron and hermione. she expects ron to wake up, when in reality she needs to get over the fact he's dead. and they were always, and still are, trying to get information about 'the darkness'. also known as me.

suddenly, I hear a beautiful voice singing. It's coming from the library, so I walk to the library and look around.

then I see lovegood, sitting on the couch singing a song. I begin to quietly walk out, but hear my name. "draco!" lovegood calls.

I turn around. "Hi."

"what's wrong?" she says offering a seat.

"you wouldn't understand," I say beginning to walk off. "I see it in your eyes, draco. you're hurt. you're thinking about something horrible."

I turn around and stare into her eyes. I never realized they were so blue. "it's... forget it." i realize what im doing, so i shake my head and take a step towards the door again.

"draco... come here." I give in and walk towards her.

"your hair is a mess draco. let me fix it." I sit in front of her as brushes my hair and gently places it nicely.

"I'm done!" she says after 5 minutes, and gives me a mirror. i smile ar the nice job she did. "uh.... thanks," I say turning around. we stare into each other's eyes for a while until I blink and look away.

"do you really believe in me," I ask her standing up and looking at the book shelves. "of course I do." she stands up and walks towards me, getting up too and standing beside me.

she suddenly runs away and I look for her. "lovegood?"

"whee!" she comes out sitting on a book shelve with wheels and I laugh. "push me!"

I softly chuckle and run towards her, pushing the shelve around. we both laugh and giggle as we knock over some books.

I suddenly trip on a book and send lovegood flying across the room, so I sprint just in time for her to fall in my arms. she smiles. "thank you draco."

she gets out of my arms and starts picking up books. "luna..." I say. she turns around, her cheeks rosy red. "you called me luna..."

"I think it's appropriate, dont you?" I give her a small smile, and she smiles back.

"yes."

she motions me to sit down and we both sit on the couch across from eachother. "draco, do you believe in yourself now?" she smiles.

"I..."

she places her warm, soft hand on mine. "I... don't know. I've always been so cruel I don't know if I can ever smile again."

luna smiles. "draco, you were just laughing and having fun. you need to stop worrying about it and just have fun."

"'stop worrying?' how can I do that when the whole school is against me- no- the whole wizarding world is against me. I have no knowlodge, and espicially no future. you think anyone will want me working for them?"

luna looks down and I can tell shes stuck. no shock. I am hated and cant do anything about it.

"hey, we are both losers." I shake my head, not planning to laugh, but let out another small chuckle. "we are," I reply.

"listen. I will try my best to change. for me. for my image. if I do, you have obey the orders that I give you for a month. no breaking the deal?" I say sticking my hand out.

she stares into my eyes as she places her hand in mine. we shake hands, and then i add; "and if I dont, then you must leave me alone, and let me stay hated." I watch her face go down, but i ignore it and I pick up the book beside me and I begin to read.

"what's going on here?!" I hear a weak voice say behind me. I turn around and see Neville, sweating and eyes wide. I could swear his eyes were turning red, and smoke was coming out of his ears.

neville runs to luna. "luna! why are you here with," he gets close to her face and expect him to say my name, but instead hear a rude nickname.

luna looks at me and smiles.

"we are becoming friends." I begin to explain that are just barley friends, but neville cuts me off.

"what? no. no no no. luna you can't be friends with him! dont you want a reputation? do you want him to play with your feelings?" neville says, his face turning pink.

luna looks at neville confused, and that's when neville pulled luna in for a big kiss. I feel disgusted. how gross.

"luna lovegood I've loved you for so many years and right now I'm putting my hands to my heart and asking you simply, will you be my girlfriend?"

I feel a gross feeling inside of me. the feeling I felt at the train station. why? I get up and leave, disgusted.

I go back to our dorm and sit on the couch. I wanted to change... but it might take some time. but I remember. im changing for myself. not for hogwarts, or any of he students. I couldnt care less about hogwarts 'reputation' or the students. It was so i could have a future. a life.